Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha yeah the badge looks quality jrc hope it plays as well as it looks

Comment

Its either getting this Powerglide Connoisseur or a Tom Newman 1370 which is better in everyones opinion

Comment

Get the Newman cue, as it will always have a better re-sale value
        But if its for a playing cue you should base it on which plays better

Comment

Yes it is for my playing cue as i dont have a cue at the minute so i am borrowing one to play at the minute so need a new one desperate but it has to be right obvisously

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Get the Newman cue, as it will always have a better re-sale value
            But if its for a playing cue you should base it on which plays better
            Agree - but you could spend 5 years buying every Tom Newman cue you see before you find a nice playing one.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Connoisseur original

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7159[/ATTACH]

Heres the different badge i think this looks lots better than the normal transfers on the butt end
              the Connoisseur with the red badge is the original Connoisseur ,i had one for my 21st birthday in 1973 it cost me £32 .

Comment

i have seen a Tom Newman 1370 the same as Shaun Murphy's and they have told me its one of the best playing cues they have ever picked up but what person says is a good cue another could disagree

Comment

Slightly off topic can any one tell me have cue always been balance at around 17" or were they made differently years ago, and one final question if a one piece cue is not weighted will the balance point as a general rule be further forward than 17"?

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                    Slightly off topic can any one tell me have cue always been balance at around 17" or were they made differently years ago, and one final question if a one piece cue is not weighted will the balance point as a general rule be further forward than 17"?
                    Cues were generally lighter years ago than the modern cues of today, although were not so different in 'how' they were weighted.

Yes, if a cue does not have the weight adjusted, then the balance point would usually be forward of 17". The only problem you'd have is that it's not likely to weigh anything above around 15oz's to 16oz's.

Comment

Any idea of older style cues are worth buying for a playing cue let me know thanks

Comment

Hi. Power Glide were owned by Rex Williams and his Brother Ken. Ken made the cues. He was a Master Cue Maker and he made the top end hand crafted cues such as the Connoisseur. They had a small factory unit in Birmingham where the cues were produced. I took my Connoisseur back there in the mid eighties where Ken did a comlpete re furb on it. The butt is not varnish as suggested elsewhere in this forum, he used a plastic dipping process to protect the butt and give that high gloss shine. The original Connoisseurs had a red metallic plate on them. Not sure who owns the company now.....probably bought up by a bigger organisation.

Comment

Working...
                        X