Slightly Slippy Cue Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly Slippy Cue Butt

Can someone recommend something to make my cue butt slightly more grippy.

I notice in an old Youtube video Ray Reardon had some type of liquid rubber, not looking for that but rather something non permanent
    Thanks

This may well sound daft. I was told this many many years ago by a guy you may be too young to have heard of -Rex Williams-. If you find the cue is a bit slippy in play dont tighten you grip just lick your fingers!!!.

Comment

slippy cue

hit it on the head frank thats what my mate does

Comment

Doesn't sound daft to me.
        I don't have an issue in cueing but when I play darts I need to lick my fingers otherwise I can't keep a grip of the shafts.

Comment

Im sure theres a sports spray you can get its for tennis it would save you from messing up your cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jhr145 View Post
            Im sure theres a sports spray you can get its for tennis it would save you from messing up your cue.
            You can buy a tube of "willgrip" I brought it from my local darts shop.
            I think it was designed for indoor bowls players.
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HENSELITE-LAWN...item5adf6b37d7
            ATB
            Danny
            Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
              This may well sound daft. I was told this many many years ago by a guy you may be too young to have heard of -Rex Williams-. If you find the cue is a bit slippy in play dont tighten you grip just lick your fingers!!!.
              thats what i do some times works well

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
                Good advice and exactly what Jimmy White does all the time.......though i think its more the palm of his hand as such, same principal though.
                Last edited by CueAntW147; 9 March 2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

A m8 at the club recently tried a leather golf glove. Might sound silly but you DID ask for non-permanent. If you want permanent, lacquer the cue (assuming it's bare wood now).
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

I play crown green bowls and you can buy a polish which is called "Grippo". When applied and buffed, it leaves the bowls very shiny and with a very good grip. Obviously the grip isnt too good as to hamper playing with the bowls. I have tried it on my snooker cue before and it works well. I think it costs about £3 per tube.

Comment

try this link....

http://www.premierbowls.co.uk/bowlcare_polish_one.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Johnnycash View Post
                        Awesome!! I will have to try this on a few cues I have around here.
                        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Like SBL, I also used to wet my darts and they would get so wet, it would spatter onto the board at times.

When I was in my playing days, my hands were so dry with my job, that the cue would sometimes leave me hand. So then, I would lick my hand to stop this.
                          :snooker:

Comment

wrap some tape around it leave it a minute and take it off, sure wont be slippy then

Comment

Thanks for the idea's lads, like the bowls idea but not keen on licking the hand one.
                              We have a guy in our league who licks his hand, many of us wont shake his hand before or after the match, can you guess why GROSS

Comment

Working...
                              X