First Donor cue has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Donor cue has arrived

A slightly battered one piece Powerglide Executive has arrived today and it will be the first victim of my splicing attempts, poor thing
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Good luck mate.

Are you now looking to build your own cues?

What you splicing? Lower splices or whole cue? Ebony??

Share, share lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
      Good luck mate.

Are you now looking to build your own cues?

What you splicing? Lower splices or whole cue? Ebony??

Share, share lol.
      I'm going to splice it within an inch of it's life.

I will give it one single front splice (whatever I can cheaply get hold of) to begin with and when I am happy with that I will remove it and try four secondary splices (again whatever I can cheaply get hold of) and when I am happy with that then I will go for a complete newly spliced butt if it will take it
      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Good luck matey.

Hope you find it no problem and then soon wont be on the hunt for a cue as you make your own!

You going to post some photos on this thread?

Comment

I will upload photos as I go for everyones' amusement and I am sure it will be amusing.
          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Look forward to pics of what ya do with this powerglide exec...:snooker:

Comment

Here are pictures of my first victim

Now on the hunt for a nice cheap exotic splicewoods for a single front splice that compliments the Rosewood butt.

Suggestions????
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I got a powerglide exec here, i picked it out of the rack at a workmens club cos my tip come off my cue and had no glue etc...and knocked in a 63 with it straight away....:snooker:

Smashed my highest break with it so i kept it......

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  I got a powerglide exec here, i picked it out of the rack at a workmens club cos my tip come off my cue and had no glue etc...and knocked in a 63 with it straight away....:snooker:

It is a nice cue that I am going to have a knock with on Wednesday night before it goes to in for it's face lift
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                    I'm going to splice it within an inch of it's life.

I will give it one single front splice (whatever I can cheaply get hold of) to begin with and when I am happy with that I will remove it and try four secondary splices (again whatever I can cheaply get hold of) and when I am happy with that then I will go for a complete newly spliced butt if it will take it
                    hope you have plenty of bluetack a wand & a fairy godmother lol!

Comment

No idea where to get it but I am told rosewood is the cheapest.

A nice reddy/blacky rosewood with a maple veneer I reckon would look good.

Have you contacted the cue makers as to where they get it from and whether they sell onto you?

Comment

Originally Posted by flame View Post
                        hope you have plenty of bluetack a wand & a fairy godmother lol!
                        Bluetack?.......check. Wand?........check. Fairy Godmother?..........check Wood to splice with?.......Nope!

You guys are probably only going to see it by photo anyway so I am going to to get creative with Photoshop to hide my shocking work
                        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                          No idea where to get it but I am told rosewood is the cheapest.

A nice reddy/blacky rosewood with a maple veneer I reckon would look good.

Have you contacted the cue makers as to where they get it from and whether they sell onto you?
                          Having removed the badge and peeped beneath I can see that a veneer and single facing splice is all I may get on this particular cue.

It is a Rosewood Butt so I am looking for something to contrast nicely with it perhaps a small piece of Birds Eye Maple or Masur Birch.
                          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

I've never found a club that would sell their rack cues... how did you manage that?
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                              I've never found a club that would sell their rack cues... how did you manage that?
                              He didn't say he bought it Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X