No announcement yet.

New cue for a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all good cues , Personally i would get the best cue i could afford and get the extensions later as you wont use them that much so they are,nt essential .

I dont see the value in getting a cue thats maybe not as good just to get the extensions . Thats not to say that the cues you mentioned are inferior as they are all very nice cues indeed .

I would be happy with a cue off any of them , but i think mastercue would just be my choice , others may disagree , it,s personal opinion .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      I would be happy with a cue off any of them , but i think mastercue would just be my choice , others may disagree , it,s personal opinion .
      If Mastercue are so good why is everyone selling them?

Comment

Originally Posted by gid View Post
        Think you will find people are selling all sorts of cues all the time mate, its called "searching for the one" lol
        Every single cue plays differently so you keep looking till you find the one that suits you !

Comment

lol... a myriad of reasons why people sell away their cues... scroll through the sales threads, people are selling their JPs, TWs, MWs, H&Os etc... doesn't mean they're no good...

with a budget of 250 pounds for cue and extensions, i'm with hotpot; mastercue has my vote.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Yeah, but you don't see much of Mastercraft or Craftsman in sales threads.

Comment

Yeah, but you don't see much of Mastercraft or Craftsman in sales threads.
              haha, ok... you got me... i'm trying to raise mastercue's profile as i hope to sell off mine... any takers?

but seriously, buying a cue without first trying it is something of a hit and miss. you asked for an opinion and i have given mine.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

thats the ideea, buying a cue without trying.
                i'm looking for opinions of those who tried those cues, so i can make the best possible choice

Comment

thats the ideea, buying a cue without trying.
                  i'm looking for opinions of those who tried those cues, so i can make the best possible choice
                  i,ve tried them all and they are all very good cues and finished lovely . I just feel the gbl cues are the best you can get for the price and the finish is as good as any , mastercue would be my second choice , but craftsman and mastercraft are both great quality aswell .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                    i,ve tried them all and they are all very good cues and finished lovely . I just feel the gbl cues are the best you can get for the price and the finish is as good as any , mastercue would be my second choice , but craftsman and mastercraft are both great quality aswell .
                    What would you say about the playing qualities of these cues hotpot? Its all well saying how good the finish is and how even the splices are but for me they are just added bonuses when judging a cue really. What would you say Mastercraft and Craftsman lack in a playing capacity compared to GBL and mastercue, given that the former have a lot more experience of making cues than the latter?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      What would you say about the playing qualities of these cues hotpot? Its all well saying how good the finish is and how even the splices are but for me they are just added bonuses when judging a cue really. What would you say Mastercraft and Craftsman lack in a playing capacity compared to GBL and mastercue, given that the former have a lot more experience of making cues than the latter?
                      They dont lack anything they are good solid playing cues , it,s just that the gbl and mastercue probably suited my game better . If i went to craftsman , mastercraft and tried a number of cues then i would more than likely find cues that i liked more than the gbl and mastercues i had .

The playability of a cue is subjective and differs from one person to the next .

As for the finish of cues , the best finish i,ve felt on a c ue is omin cues . The smoothest i,ve seen .

Comment

Cheers Hotpot. I've had cues from craftsman and mastercraft but never bothered with mastercue, though I did try a few when I went up to Leeds a few years back, settled on a Craftsman. I guess for the OP its a case of pay your money and take your chances, without trying a cue first its very difficult to rate one over the other as they are all capable of making good cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          Cheers Hotpot. I've had cues from craftsman and mastercraft but never bothered with mastercue, though I did try a few when I went up to Leeds a few years back, settled on a Craftsman. I guess for the OP its a case of pay your money and take your chances, without trying a cue first its very difficult to rate one over the other as they are all capable of making good cues.
                          Spot on . The best cue i probably ever had was a two piece bce Alex Higgins .

Comment

Mastercue still have the joint problems?

Comment

Mastercue still have the joint problems?
                              No muck .

Comment

I've decided to go with a Unclevit's 'C' custom cue.
                                This are the specs:
                                ash shaft
                                3/4 cue
                                ebony butt 22" long with joint at 16"
                                length 57.5"
                                weight 18oz
                                butt diameter 29.5mm
                                balanced between 17” -17.5"
                                tip 9.5mm

I asked for a Dan Shelton replica:
                                http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...8/SNC00805.jpg
                                http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...8/SNC00808.jpg
                                http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...8/SNC00809.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X