No announcement yet.

New cue for a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lucky man, gid, that is a beautiful looking cue. The grain and chevrons are very, very nice indeed.

Comment

More pictures:

Comment

Gid. Thanks for the update and the photos. Lovely cue.

Comment

Hi Gid, that is a lovely cue, tell us how it plays after you have a chance, a very nice replication of the Shelton cue.
          Can I be cheeky and ask "approximately" how much was the set?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That is a lovely shaft indeed .

Comment

This one took me several weeks behind schedule. But it's worth the waiting. The shaft is the third change. Decided to cancel the first 2 as the ash weight were not good enough (too light). I love the peruvian rosewood on the butt. One timber can give many different pattern line. The butt splice and the mini butt come from the same piece of peruvian rosewood blank
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Looking very good, what is the feel, is it playing well?

Comment

I haven't had the time to play with it, but i really like how it feels.

Comment

With that budget,i think you'd better try your luck on ebay,might get a good one.

Comment

Originally Posted by gid View Post
                      Yes, it arrived. I haven't had the time to play, but it looks and feels fantastic. Is exactly what I asked.
                      I would say the splicing, taper, fitting of ferrule and balance are as good as any I have seen. I haven't seen many cues from the famous cuemakers, but for me is the greatest cue.

I want to thank Suvit for the excellent service. He is a really nice person to deal with.

Some pictures:

Those are some fantastic arrows and the woods used looks fantastic. More so as you the customer posted the pictures. You certainly dont get ash with arrows like that in a hurry even on most ultimate JP's costing many times more. All in all a superb cue. Only hope it plays as well as it looksbut coming from Unclevit I will guess it does.

Comment

Gid, have you managed to have a hit with it yet?

Comment

it is an absolute stunner. The kind of cue I'd like to own one day.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                            Those are some fantastic arrows and the woods used looks fantastic. More so as you the customer posted the pictures. You certainly dont get ash with arrows like that in a hurry even on most ultimate JP's costing many times more. All in all a superb cue. Only hope it plays as well as it looksbut coming from Unclevit I will guess it does.
                            Before coming up to this shaft, I kept saying 'No' to workshop's earlier selections until I gave this shaft a go. Tried to find similar swirl pattern from the butt wood, but no luck so far. Shaft should be playing good and will even be better as games go by. Enjoy the Cue and tks for the trust and long wait given to this project. Extra long wait, to say the truth, but it will be worth it. Tks for all
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

If you can wait, members here sell cues that are in excellent condition. You might be able to get something for say £100 that is many times better than something that is new and full retail price. If I'd known more about Raymo, JCR and others, I wouldn't have bought my Phoenix for £160, though it is a good cue I must say.
                              Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X