Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for a new cue

Hi guys,
    Im thinking of order another custom cue from one of the top craftsman. I have a TW cue at the moment, I like it very much, top quality cue. would love to have another TW cue, but I guess Trevor is busy at the moment, and personally I like to try different things, so I prefer to have a different brand.

My problem is there are many good craftsman, which one should I go for?

I have spoke to Robin and Airin, both great gentlemen, still waiting for Tony

Glover,Dan Shelton,Mike Wooldridge, North West(Kevin?) and Dave Coutts to

reply my email, if they are taking orders at the moment.

So can you guys tell me what you think?

I think Airin's cues are very attractive, while Robin's cue probably have the best price.

Apologize to Airin and Robin if this thread offended them, as maybe I should not bring them under the public's attention, But im really confused.

Also what are the standard specs for a snooker cue
    for example is 57" or 58" the standard?

My height is 1m 67.5cm, so which length should i go for?
    Last edited by davidwu; 18 March 2011, 02:03 AM.

Go for whatever length you like, but at your size, would think that 57" will be plenty big enough.
    :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
      Go for whatever length you like, but at your size, would think that 57" will be plenty big enough.
      Cheers, which cue should i go for.?

Comment

Go for Robin He is making brilliant cues at great price. But I only had cues made by him ( 4 of them ) and every single one was really brilliant
        You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
        BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I,m sure you wont be disappointed with cues from any of the above mentioned , they are all excellent in their own right and deserve the credit as their reputation speaks for itself .

As for which one to go for i suppose its an individual thing as people will like certain aspects of a certain cue like taper etc .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            I,m sure you wont be disappointed with cues from any of the above mentioned , they are all excellent in their own right and deserve the credit as their reputation speaks for itself .

As for which one to go for i suppose its an individual thing as people will like certain aspects of a certain cue like taper etc .
            I totally agree with you, but I guess each craftsman would have their own styles. Say different shaft finish or different playability. Since you guys have played many cues, you should have broader knowledge than me

Comment

I have two TW cues and he is making me another right now. You pay your money and take your pick. I do not think TW's finshing can really be beaten, but could well be matched.

Would think any in your list will make you a good cue.
              Last edited by Acrowot; 18 March 2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                I have two TW cues and he is making me another right now. You pay your money and take your pick. I do not think TW's finshing can really be beaten, but could well be matched.

Would think any in your list will make you a good cue.
                Wow gonna be a nice selection to choose from....all same specs ??
                Or are you still experimenting a bit

Comment

Working...
                X