Opinions on Peradon cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Peradon cues?

I've got a cue budget of about £80-£150 although I'm clueless as to what I want. Someone recommended Peradon, what's your opinion?

I,d probably go for a mastercue with that budget .

Comment

If you get one be sure to go a stockist and pick one yourself. Some of them are excellent (like mine) but some are crap, as is the norm with mass produced cues I suppose

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
        If you get one be sure to go a stockist and pick one yourself. Some of them are excellent (like mine) but some are crap, as is the norm with mass produced cues I suppose
        I agree with this, I wouldn't dismiss them completely, I know of a few players with them and they have good quality cues, the only drawback though I'm not sure if its still the case now, is that they usually lacquer the butt and some of the shaft. As they use more timber than any other cue maker they will have some quality cues, but its about going somewhere that has a decent stock to choose from.

Comment

If you are goning to buy a Peradon cue, I would go for a Peradon Royal with a 3/4 joint. I bought my son one last year, it was £107 and is a lovely cue for the price. I myself have an older Peradon pro cue, it's great. I bought it second hand and was lucky.
          Last edited by purist; 14 May 2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I also have a Peradon pro cueand whilst its not the cue I use I have on some occassions had a few games with it. I would say its not the best made cue I have seen as compared with Trevor White, Mike Wooldrige or even mastercue however it is a great cue to play with. You would not be wasting your money but you could probably find something better for the price. As suggested Mastercue could be the way to go.

Comment

I think that you would be happy with a peradon. I think the Royal is a good cue second choice would be the Pro butt, make sure you go where there is a good selection this way you will be sure to get a straight one.
              Cheers,
              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I'm using a Peradon and think its great. To be completely honest, the tip matters just as much - if not more. Put on a quality layered tip like a Moori, Talisman, or some of the other layered tips being discussed here.
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

I'm interested in a Peradon Royal 3/4 too. does anyone know anywhere in Surrey or London where i can go?
                  Highest break: 29 - none of the final 6 colours

Comment

I would Stay Well Clear of Peradon if you have around £150 Definately buy a Master Cue best Value/Quality Cue for around that Price.

Gaz.

Comment

i too have a peradon cue, which i bout nearly 2 years ago and its deffo a very good cue. i bout the peradon king from a stockist in b'ham but what mr o said is very true you gotta try them out. i picked up 3 kings and they all were different until i tried the last one-was love at 1st sight lol. if you go to peradons web page and enter your details they e-mail you back the nearest stockist

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                        I would Stay Well Clear of Peradon if you have around £150 Definately buy a Master Cue best Value/Quality Cue for around that Price.

Gaz.
                        And why would you stay well clear of Peradon????

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post

Gaz.
                          Please can you tell me why you would buy a Mastercue from Thailand rather than a cue made in England by Peradon?

Comment

I have played with some very good Peradon cues.
                            Just remember to try them before buying if possible.
                            Don't buy it online.
                            My deep screw shot
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                              Please can you tell me why you would buy a Mastercue from Thailand rather than a cue made in England by Peradon?
                              Because he's Welsh.....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X