X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of the one I should have heard from tw by now

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      what make of cue is it warren? as to how it plays you'll never know someone might pick it up and love it. I don't want to see it on the forum for sell tho
      Don't let Fedia see it.

"Broken by Ronnie O'Sullivan in a fit of rage"

£3500
      Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Good job mucka . I remember when i broke my Alex Higgins Two Piece many moons ago , when i hit it over the table , similar to that break , i took it to a cue repairer and it played the same after repaired for many years .

Comment

Good job there. I also broke one of my early glover cues like that and I had it repaired and it never broke again so good luck.

Comment

If the joints are back in exactly the same place, then I would not bother to put pins in it. Any good glue joint will always be stronger where the join is, if done properly. And looking at it before you glued it, tells me that it will not come apart in the same place again.

You made a good job of it. But I would not have put the colourant on it.
            :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
              If the joints are back in exactly the same place, then I would not bother to put pins in it. Any good glue joint will always be stronger where the join is, if done properly. And looking at it before you glued it, tells me that it will not come apart in the same place again.

Interesting that you said it won't come away in the same place, lets hope the guy dosen't lose it again but if he did I'd like to see it.
              Any way well done warren a very good job.

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post

Good advice i wouldn't pin it either, as you say how the cue has snapped in this case is ideal for glueing back together nice long splints, so if glues good it should be fine.

Its more a cycological confidence thing some players wouldn't be able to use it, will it be the same again, is it strong enough etc, more to do with doubts in the mind just because they know its there, rather than the actual strength of the repair
                Last edited by CueAntW147; 27 March 2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't like to say the cue will play the same, but the joint will hold up, as long as it has been fixed ok. He will find out how it plays when he tries it.

Comment

It is a prety nice job imo. Never tried this glue myslef but as long as it holds up it should be fine. Cheers.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

For a cue to split like that , it must have taken more than just a whack on a pool table . Is it possible that there was a fault in the shaft ?
                      I've only ever seen one cue snap very similar to that and it was smashed on purpose .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi , Looks a brill repair Just don't forgot to till your mate NOT to hit the cue ball to hard with it !! lol Regards

Comment

decent repair job. the guy who snapped the cue by whacking it on a table doesnt deserve to use a cue. feel the same way about anyone abusing their equipment.
                          Last edited by sanman; 28 March 2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                            decent repair job. the guy who snapped the cue by whacking it on a table doesnt deserve to won a cue. feel the same way about anyone abusing their equipment.
                            I agree to a point but although this is a fantastic game, at times it can stress you out to the point where you do silly things. I would of thought nearly everyone has lost it at some point with this game.

Comment

Originally Posted by tornado taylor View Post
                              I agree to a point but although this is a fantastic game, at times it can stress you out to the point where you do silly things. I would of thought nearly everyone has lost it at some point with this game.
                              while being streesed out playing at a competitive level is normal I really wonder how many guys who worked hard to save up the bucks to buy that cue would ever do such a thing to their cues. My guess would be very few. Also i dont understand why breaking a cue is gonna help anyone when their technique is at fault. The sooner they realise this and work at that the better it would be for them and their game.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                                while being streesed out playing at a competitive level is normal I really wonder how many guys who worked hard to save up the bucks to buy that cue would ever do such a thing to their cues. My guess would be very few. Also i dont understand why breaking a cue is gonna help anyone when their technique is at fault. The sooner they realise this and work at that the better it would be for them and their game.
                                Too true, I mean if you have used the cue for years then its obvious that the cue can never be at fault. Its tables and conditions that frustrate me more than any other aspect of the game, now I don't mind giving the table a thump, it usually deserves it sometimes. Trouble is it always wins as you end up with a bruised hand and knuckles

Comment

Working...
                                X