Oops Snapped cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    while being streesed out playing at a competitive level is normal I really wonder how many guys who worked hard to save up the bucks to buy that cue would ever do such a thing to their cues. My guess would be very few. Also i dont understand why breaking a cue is gonna help anyone when their technique is at fault. The sooner they realise this and work at that the better it would be for them and their game.
    All I can say is your a better bloke than me in that respect cause i'm just a normal bloke with not much money and i've broke a cue, busted my knuckles hitting the table, put my foot through a wall and head butted the wall and table, not proud of any of it.. It is not good to see or do after you've done it. I sympathise with anyone that breaks their cue cause I know what it feels like. I'm glad to say i'm nowhere near as bad as that anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by tornado taylor View Post
      All I can say is your a better bloke than me in that respect cause i'm just a normal bloke with not much money and i've broke a cue, busted my knuckles hitting the table, put my foot through a wall and head butted the wall and table, not proud of any of it.. It is not good to see or do after you've done it. I sympathise with anyone that breaks their cue cause I know what it feels like. I'm glad to say i'm nowhere near as bad as that anymore.
      Ouch. I can honestly say I have never destroyed any pieces of equipment intentionally. Shame to see a good piece of timber end up like that

Comment

Here is just a small update on the snapped cue.After some advice i have decided to put 3 small pins in the cue just as a precaution.I used cocktail stick for the pins..here are a couple of pics...

Cue is now finished and is all oiled and as smooth as.....i have tried the cue out before the pins and the cue played very well..lets hope the guy diznae get beat again !
        Last edited by warren132; 30 March 2011, 12:32 PM.
        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Broken Stick

Got to be happy with that buddie:snooker:

Comment

The only thing I ever do when something doesn't go to plan, is have a good swear. Never destroyed anything in my life because of a tantrum, but know many that have done.

I know two blokes who have burnt their toast and then got hold of the toasters and thrown them on the floor and broken them ....... Nothing solved!
            :snooker:
            Last edited by Acrowot; 30 March 2011, 09:25 PM. Reason: Wrong word (spelling)

Comment

smashing things

ime afraid ime 1 of the smashes think it stands at 4,pros do it and there far better players than us so its not just down too tecnique its all too do with temprament

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                The only thing I ever do when something doesn't go to plan, is have a good swear. Never destroyed anything in my life because of a tantrum, but no many that have done.

I know two blokes who have burnt their toast and then got hold of the toasters and thrown them on the floor and broken them ....... Nothing solved!
                :snooker:
                I'm the same, used to have a tantrum as a kid and used to throw stuff but then realised that I'd lose what I'd broke, mainly toys so it was a lesson learned at an early age. Cues can cost a lot of money so the way I see it is would you throw two or three hundred quid away just because you got a little frustrated by a game?!!!

Comment

Working...
                X