Search For A Cue - Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search For A Cue - Part 4

Over the last 3 or 4 years I have had quite a lot of contact with Trevor White. I have even driven over to Bridgend a few times and the guy is not only a great cue maker but a really nice guy as well. About 2 1/2 years ago Trevor sold me his very own playing cue. It was almost identical to the one that Ryan Day was using at that time and I fell in love with it. I then sold the one piece Trevor White cue that I had been using and played as much as I could with this latest cue. I was in love again!!

Didn't stop me buying more cues though

I then bought a Glover 3/4 joined ash cue and bought Mike Dunns (the snooker pro) maple 3/4 playing cue (a Parris Customised Will Hunt) as he had switched from maple to ash as well as another ex-Dominic Dale cue that Will Hunt had made for him. I also bought one of Stephen Lees old playing cues, a Parris maple 'professional' cue. All these cues came and went as I was still in love with Trevors old playing cue.

And the cue buying went on

I bought a Burwat Champion replica that Trevor had made for a friend that was spectacular. I also bought a pearwood one piece cue that was a lovely cue but sadly not for me!! Then I bought an ash unbadged one piece cue followed by a Mike Wooldridge 3/4 joined ash cue which was followed by a Horace Lindrum antique cue which was followed by Nick Dysons (ex pro) old 3/4 joined cue. Again, non of the above was better than Trevors own playing cue so I stuck with that!!

You have guessed correctly.......I bought some more cues!!

I bought a Parris ultimate from a top 16 pro but couldn't use it, then a Mac Chambers one piece from a forum member that Mac had made for Ronnie Osullivan. That was a really lovely cue bad too short for me!! I then bought a beautiful Parris 'Limited Edition' that really was good. I actually took it to Parris shop for a refinish and while I was there I twisted John arm and he sold me one of the cues that he had just made for Ronnie!! He makes then 3 at a time and sends them to Ronnie who tries them out. The cue that I bought was badged as an ultimate and was as good a cue as you could ever want but again......not for me although, first frame I played with it I knocked in a 55 break!!

Then tragedy happened!! My Trevor White cue was damaged.......I was mortified!! Of course Trevor was a hero and repaired it so that it came back as good as new but in my mind it was never the same again so it had to go, as did the Ronnie cue.

So I was left with the Parris limited edition ash cue which I loved!! I reached the 1/4 final of a local pro am with that cue and for a time thought that I may give up my efforts to buy every cue in the world and keep that cue for ever.........but after playing a few weeks of rubbish snooker I sold the Parris cue and bought a used Mike Wooldridge '2005' maple 3/4 joined cue which felt ok for a time but pretty soon I realised that it was not 'the one'!!

I think the Wooldridge cue was number 75 in my cue search!! :snooker:

OK thats brought me up to about 6 months ago........only one more installment to come!!

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

That is a nice review of a crusade for the ONE....
    Do you still have the Mac Chambers cue?
    I must admit I regret to have sold it....
    One step in my crusade.
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
      That is a nice review of a crusade for the ONE....
      Do you still have the Mac Chambers cue?
      I must admit I regret to have sold it....
      One step in my crusade.
      The cue is in Singapore now Christian........it really was a lovely cue. If it had been a little longer then I would have kept it for ever!!
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
        The cue is in Singapore now Christian........it really was a lovely cue. If it had been a little longer then I would have kept it for ever!!
        Yes, it was alovely cue... It still is... *sigh*
        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

if you are talking about the jp ultimate 1400, then i must say that i am the proud owner of it, almost sold it once but now stands safely in my cue rack very nice cue but a little stiff for me so not my playing cue.
          Last edited by khizzy; 29 March 2011, 07:35 AM.
          RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Working...
          X