Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glover Ash Shaft

Hi,

Taking my Tony Glover cue to have the entire cue refinished on the 4th of April as the shaft has some tiny chips and dints doesnt affect the playability of the cue but i want the shaft to be imaculate. Also waiting for my new Pro Granite tip to be sent which i am very pleased about

Also when the shaft is being refinished i am thinking about having the shaft stained a little darker like some people have who have shown pictures on the forum as i quite like the look of the darker shaft,

Whats everyone opinions on staining the shaft darker i would like to hear the other members opinions and input to having this done.

Thanks Matt :snooker:

personally if it doesn't affect the feel or play of the cue i don't think it should matter to much
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I think youll find Tony will tell you he cant really permanently darken the shaft.
      Dark ash shafts come from dark ash or from years of smoke and sweat that will build up a patina, like you see on old old cues.
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Yes willy i knew that the cue being darkened or stained would not affect the playability of the cue at all. Jason ok then thanks for the info yes i was told that earlier tonight but wondered if there was like a wood stain that could be used or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
        X