No announcement yet.

Pics of my new Dunns cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mates got a Dunns cue, I didnt realise he paid so little for it. Its a really really nice cue, I never thought to ask him price and just assumed it was was one of them 400 quid cues.
    Superb cue for the price, I want one !

Comment

Atm im trying to cancel my order, just not 100% on what i want and the feedback varying from good to bad has put me off a bit =/

Comment

looks nice, good shaft, is it?

Comment

any update on this? its an old thread just wondered if anyone still had comments good or bad for these cues?

Comment

Got a 3/4 cue that arrived just after Christmas. Had just under 3 hours game-time on it so far (I've been busy).

Initial comments:

Got a piece where stock and shaft are visibly different in colour and grain. Verified that there was no mix-up. Balance is perfect. badge lines up with chevrons on ash shaft for those whom this matters to. Cue is straight, no dings/dents etc on shaft.

Shaft is not whippy, feels pretty good on power shots. Stock tip is a tad hard for my taste. Don't get as much english and spin on the cue, though this could be due to my being used to a 9/9.5mm tip as opposed to the 10mm

Shaft finish is decent, not sticky or anything though I am considering re-finishing or further oiling to see if I can get it smoother. Am not far from needing powder on the bridge hand at the moment.

All in all, cue is a pretty good piece of business in terms of value for $, esp for newer/less serious players.

Accessories-wise, as some have noted previously, the mini-butt somehow manages to feel a little plasticky. Haven't taken a very close look at the material but it screws on fine and doesn't interfere with the feel when attached. Long extension is firm at full-length. No fancy designs etc on either mini-butt or extension, just nice, functional pieces.

Cue came shipped in aluminium case. Case was slightly damaged during shipping (cracks on edge guards, mis-alignment on latches). For those who have a longer transit time (I'm in Singapore and the cues ship from Hong Kong) and/or are not ordering "full sets", you may wish to consider emailing in and asking for better freight-proofing.

I don't have pictures at the moment but if anybody wants some or has further questions feel free to post and I'll do my best to answer.

Comment

Thanks for that informative and helpful post. Good luck with the cue!

Comment

Working...
              X