My new mastercraft cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cazmac,

Your real problem is you dont think you have a problem, haha!

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
      Hi Cazmac

What specs did you go for on the mastercraft?

cheers
      I had the cue made to the same spec's as my new TW, I have to say that I like the cue a lot. It's hasn't got what some would say is a good looking shaft and the splicing is very dull, but it plays well. I'm going to use the wax on the butt that I got off jellibeen when I get a chance, it should come up lovely.

Comment

The specs as follows
        butt 30.5mm
        lenght 57.5
        tip 9.5
        balance 19"
        weight 17 1/4 oz

Comment

Originally Posted by Straight strike View Post
          Cazmac,

Your real problem is you dont think you have a problem, haha!
          Cheers for that Staight strike.

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
            Was that the match where Ebdon drove him insane with slow play?
            Quarterfinals of the WC's? Not sure which year tho... 2007 possibly. OMG, just checked... it was 2005. I'm getting old ffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Wo...r_Championship

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
              Quarterfinals of the WC's? Not sure which year tho... 2007 possibly. OMG, just checked... it was 2005. I'm getting old ffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Wo...r_Championship
              better keep that quite, the next thing you know some moron will be telling you your having a mid life crisis.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                better keep that quite, the next thing you know some moron will be telling you your having a mid life crisis.
                Then they'd be right. Haha.

Did you get my email Caz? In the end I emailed Del direct. See what happens.

Comment

Hi Cazmac
                  Thanks for your reply pal, notice you've gone for 17 1/4 oz, have you always used a cue
                  this weight or tried heavier in the past. How do you find using a 'lighter' cue than the
                  normal 18oz + that most people on the forum tend to go for. I've used cues from
                  16.5 - 18oz and can't decide on what suits me best. Mind you the older I get my cue
                  action isn't as smooth and perhaps a heavier cue would help more.
                  Would appreciate your thoughts.
                  cheers

Comment

This cue is balance at 19, which makes it feel more like an 18 oz cue. I can't play with any thing over 18 oz, It just feels like I’m clubbing the white to death. I found that I'm getting great reaction from the white ball with this cue and can only put it down to the forward balance. This has taken me in a new direction and I will be experimenting with cues with a more forward balance in the future.
                    I would steer clear of heavy cues if I was you, I don't believe they will be the answer your looking for. Maybe try a cue with a forward balance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                      Then they'd be right. Haha.

Did you get my email Caz? In the end I emailed Del direct. See what happens.
                      Hi inoff I can't remember seeing your email, are you going to see del. I've made a lot of changes to my stance since I went to see del and am playing better for it, so need to go a see del again and see what he thinks.

Comment

Cheers for the info Cazmc, fair comment regarding the weight, I'll give more thought to the
                        overall balance and experiment.

Comment

I just started to revamp this cue using liberon wood sealer and jellibeens cue wax will post pic's when it finished.

Comment

Working...
                          X