No announcement yet.

What cue tips are the top pro's using ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue tips are the top pro's using ?

Hi

A question or two ; Firstly are the top pro's still using Layered tips ie Talisman ? Could anybody who knows confirm who uses what ,of say the top 16 players.

Sports shop's are now selling" PRO TIP'S "are they any good ? .

thanks ps hi break still 8 !!!!!

You can usually tell by the colour on the edge of the tip whether a player is using a layered or single compressed leather style tip. Of the semi finalists I think only trump uses a normal tip, elk master I believe, Higgins and Ding both using Kamui, Williams looks to be using a talisman. Players change tips all the time, its a bit like experimenting and finding something that works for you at the time. I noticed Ronnie had gone back to an Elk now as are a few of the players.

Comment

Thank's cueman , as i have asked the BBC on several occasions to inform the viewer's RE this information , plus size, weight , tip size , etc but have been met with total indifference . if any other members / yourself could provide a list of this information i would be most grateful.

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
        .....as i have asked the BBC on several occasions to inform the viewer's RE this information , plus size, weight , tip size , etc but have been met with total indifference....
        Got to remember the BBC is not supposed to advertise ....maybe thats the reason

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Got to remember the BBC is not supposed to advertise ....maybe thats the reason
          Thanks for the reply , but there is no reason why they cannot say using layered tip or old style tip ,or why they will not on players profile inform the viewer what size , weight , tip size ,cue they are using . i will write to Barry Hearn directly, as this really is annoying me and has done for years .

PS re advertising they must have mentioned during commantary Elkmaster about 200 times thus far .

Comment

dings tip i am told is a titan. john parris gets a lot of free adverts on the bbc!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
              Thanks for the reply , but there is no reason why they cannot say using layered tip or old style tip ,or why they will not on players profile inform the viewer what size , weight , tip size ,cue they are using . i will write to Barry Hearn directly, as this really is annoying me and has done for years .

PS re advertising they must have mentioned during commantary Elkmaster about 200 times thus far .
              I asked the same sometime ago . It's about time the BBC looked at it's programming and made it more informative .

Also they might find out that there is also more than one cuemaker on the planet ! As ADR's previous post .
              Though , i did here Terry Griffiths in a couple of tournaments back mention that a bloke called Trevor made Ryan Day's cue .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

john higgins and steven maguire both use black kamui, 100% guaranteed, how do i know ,well he is good freinds with owner of my club, often in playing anthony maggill who uses talisman just finished first year on pro tour, about 54 on rankings, i also use black kamui, defo the best

Comment

Originally Posted by stewart31 View Post
                  john higgins and steven maguire both use black kamui, 100% guaranteed, how do i know ,well he is good freinds with owner of my club, often in playing anthony maggill who uses talisman just finished first year on pro tour, about 54 on rankings, i also use black kamui, defo the best
                  What kamui grade, soft,medium or hard?
                  Cheers

Comment

is that black kamui medium - am I right in thinking these are harder that Talisman mediums ?

Comment

dont know what grade, i use the the med,and find them like tali soft, i would guess john and steven would be on the hards, i will find out for you and post back in a day or so

Comment

i would say slightly softer and a lot more responsive

Comment

Originally Posted by johno View Post
                          is that black kamui medium - am I right in thinking these are harder that Talisman mediums ?

I would,nt say they,re harder , They are a different hit , both firm tips but the Kamui has more of an elastic feeling to it .

I like to put a Kamui on a cue that is solid and a Tally on one that is more springy .

Comment

john is using black kamui med/hard but has black kamui 2 med/hard to try out and also kamui 2 med/hard in pink to try. graham dott is using a kamui black med/hard right now but had been using black talisman hard since last years world. jamie burnett uses elk master tips or blue diamond, whichever he finds good at that point. i know because i do their tips.

Comment

Hi Frazz , What's the difference between Kamui and Kamui 2 ? I have 2 Kamui med/hard tips [ bought of ADR ], how do i tell the difference .

Never new they did them in pink either .

Thanks Neil
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                              X