What cue tips are the top pro's using ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you select your tip, cazmac?

I fitted two tips earlier and tried the 'scrape test' as shown in the Parris youtube video...did notice the softer ones but do you do anything else?
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
      How do you select your tip, cazmac?

I fitted two tips earlier and tried the 'scrape test' as shown in the Parris youtube video...did notice the softer ones but do you do anything else?
      I do two tests on the tip the first one is I simply hold the tip between the the thumb and index fingers of both hands then with my thumb nails try and pull the tip apart and depending on how much movement there is tells me what the tip will be like (soft / medium / hard). The second test is in the prep, when I sand the bottom of the tip with some fine sand paper and I've found that the type of finish you get after sanding gives a good indication of what the tip will be like. A smooth surface is Ideal but with some texture on the surface. A smooth shiny surface normally indicates a hard tip and a flaky bitty surface will indicate a soft tip that won't last long at all.

Comment

hmm interesting. I scraped the side of 4 in total and only one was very soft. These are the 11mm which ADR147 suggests are more consistent with less 'dodgy' ones.
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I think Dave Coutts was stocking Aurora tips at one time as well,
          Last edited by old school; 23 October 2011, 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I've gone back to Elks , as advised by a player . Changed my tip too many times . Now going to just go out and play . Maybe was looking for excuses and then trying a different tip when not playing well . No excuses now .
            I've done the same. Each to their own. Although I found PG's to be nice after they've got played in. The kamui's went too hard after a while. Have NEVER got on well with BD's, they're just too spongy for me. Not tried the Auroras tho.

Maybe I was making excuses also ( trying to experiment ), but IMHO, you cannot beat a good elk. Good luck ppl.

Comment

pro granite still popular ?

Comment

Originally Posted by luchtzak View Post
                pro granite still popular ?
                yes they are - very.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  yes they are - very.
                  I am still using them ;-)

Played a few bad matches recently decided to change my tip, play was better till I had a new training session with my coach, I lifted the cue too much resulting in bad cue-action ;-) Cue is back level now, hoping for good results in the near future starting with EPTC 9 ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by luchtzak View Post
                    I am still using them ;-)

Played a few bad matches recently decided to change my tip, play was better till I had a new training session with my coach, I lifted the cue too much resulting in bad cue-action ;-) Cue is back level now, hoping for good results in the near future starting with EPTC 9 ;-)
                    lol good luck.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

john is using a medium hard kamui gets them via riley i know because i asked him at the world cup

Comment

Had a trip to Green Baize and got advised to have a Talisman Medium put on had a couple of hours of pool matches with it yesterday and today and found the tip to be not as responsive as alot of the other tips i have tried nearly all the players in my league say to me why is your tip so hard and not taking chalk as most of them play with blue diamonds or elks and never played or seen a laminated tip any opinions what i could try.

Comment

What cue tips are the top pro's using ?

Stu likes quite hard tips
                          So probably put on one that he'd like
                          Just about trying till you get the right ones
                          Helps if you fit your own, then you can change them to tour hearts content

Comment

Stu actually uses Talisman Medium himself as he likes a firm hit, hence recommending them. I tried it myself but found it too hard for my likeing but it's all about trying out what works for you and also your cue as the same tip on different cues can also feel different

Comment

Actually now I have played abit more tonight and the tip has quite grown on me and im finding that im hitting the ideal position maybe i just didnt give it enough time as for the hardness yeah they are quite hard but i never miscue with it as i chalk after every shot

Comment

what grade of kamui, soft med, or hard
                                cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X