Your cue specs might just be holding you back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your cue specs might just be holding you back

Thought I had my specs down to a tee and then today I played with a cue that was the exact opposite of what I normally play with. My "normal" specs is a light, maple one piece cue and here i was having a really good session with a cheap heavy 3/4 ash cue.

From now on I won't be so hung up one specs. Each cue has an unique feel and one should be open to play around with everything - might just be surprised with a cue that you would normally have rejected out of hand because it was not according to your specs.

welcome to my world, lol

Comment

I would love to have a chat with ronnie someday about how he selects his cues any one who can change his cue so much and still play at the level he does must know a thing or two about cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        welcome to my world, lol
        Yeah, just when I though I was set I am back at square one. There goes the budget again buying more cues.

Comment

I would love to have a chat with ronnie someday about how he selects his cues any one who can change his cue so much and still play at the level he does must know a thing or two about cues.
          IMHO, i think it's just down to him being ROS.

Winning is all that the majority of ppl remember. But his style, grace, rhythm around the table makes me think... even when he loses, he's still the best. Akin to Barca losing in the ECL ( although some will say a team vs individual sport is an unfair comparison ).

Comment

someone told me that ronnie knows exactly how a cue should react on for any given shot and will reject the cue if it don't do what he asks of it.

Comment

I think there should be a site set up by a well known snooker Pro/retired Pro that answers all our snooker questions that are put to him, for say £5 per question, 50 questions a day £250. simples

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
                I think there should be a site set up by a well known snooker Pro/retired Pro that answers all our snooker questions that are put to him, for say £5 per question, 50 questions a day £250. simples
                I think most pro's would give you an answer for free, as long as you don't bombard them.

Comment

welcome to my world, lol
                  I also tend to change cues frequently I have owned around 60 cues mate.
                  But I still play to a decent standard with odd ton and regular 60,70 breaks.

You are not alone mate!
                  My deep screw shot
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I had 70 and 80 breaks with every cue that I've owned and the odd 90 but can't find that little bit something special to get my ton.

Comment

Idk. Can't sleep ( I know it's still early ). Thinking too much.

Just enjoy the game we all love [and hate]. Family is what is important in this harsh world of ours. Good luck.

Comment

70 - 80 Will win any frame.Why worry ,if you are that consistent.I am sure the tons will come,just enjoy yourself.

Comment

Working...
                        X