Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue should I get?

Hi

I am looking to buy my first "decent" cue but I am very unsure which one to get. I have about £100 to spend, what brands would you recommend? My previous cues have been from JJB and those sort of shops, so I feel a bit out of my depth. I live in South Yorkshire if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I would save up a little more and pay a visit to Craftsman in Kippex . That way you will have pleny of cues to try to see which ones you like best .

Comment

Thankyou for the advice. How much is a little more? I dont really have too much more to spend!

Comment

£40-£50 . I know it sound a lot but personally i would wait and save that little extra it will be worth it as there is nothing like going and trying them out .

Comment

Thankyou. Do they have a table there for trying them out then? I play about twice a week but im fed up with club cues , so the extra money would be well worth it for a more enjoyable game.

Comment

Yes they have a full size tablethere to try them out . Where you are located for me this is a no brainer , this is you,re best option by far .

I know a few members here that have been there and they all speak highly .

Comment

okay thankyou that definately sounds like somewhere i should be going. I have also heard of Martin Chesworth cues in Sheffield is that worth a look?

Comment

I have a Mastercue M5 for sale for 120 pounds delivered.
                Probably the stiffest shaft you may come across.
                57.5in
                18oz
                9.5mm
                dead straight.
                very nice 3 even arrows and straight grains
                Email me if interested.I'll reply with pics.
                Email ID - sunnysonika@yahoo.co.in
                My deep screw shot
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I need a 58 inch cue I think so that would be too short, also I would like to play with a cue before spending money on it, so im looking for a shop with a practice table. Thankyou anyway though

Comment

Originally Posted by thekingbasil View Post
                    okay thankyou that definately sounds like somewhere i should be going. I have also heard of Martin Chesworth cues in Sheffield is that worth a look?
                    Yes he has a great selection . I bought one there recently , a bit expensive but well worth a look .

Comment

No problem mate.
                      I believe Martin Chesworth of Chesworthcues is based in south Yorkshire in Sheffield.
                      He stocks Mastercues,Peradon,Adam,Omins cues all of them are close to your budget.
                      Hope that helps.
                      My deep screw shot
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Thanks I think a combination of the two shops will help me make my decision. Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Working...
                        X