What wood do you recomend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, Stevie Wonder...
    I personally like old antique cues and I think perhaps cocobolo would look quite nice. May be with 4 maple veneers like a Connossieur?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Single facing splice: cocobolo with a thick maple veneer
      Double Four secondary splices: Thuya Burl with thin maple veneer

Both of the design look very nice IMO

Comment

On the subject of woods for the butt does anyone have any suggestions of wood which has good gripping properties. Ebony can be rather smooth if your hands get sweaty particularly in the summer months so can anyone suggest a wood which grips well as I've only really used the more expensive woods like Thuya and Snakewood, the latter actually felt good but I sold that cue a few years back.

Comment

Olive .. burl .. birch would be my choice ^^

Comment

olivewood id go for..

Comment

i would have 4 splices of kingwood and 4 maple splices

Comment

Good Day, Warren,

I suggest 4 x Moroccan Thuya Burl Wood with thick cherry veneers
                Hope you post your finished product. I have an old Brunswick cue 1930 or 40 that is made with the darkest Black ebony, it is perfectly straight, with beautiful ash shaft, the ferule is made of a white compound. First time I see this. I thought for a second to follow your footsteps. Thought better of it. Dont trust my skills enough to try that on it. Lol Good Luck Rolly C. sends
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X