Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many ppl sell/give up their new cues so soon after receiving them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many ppl sell/give up their new cues so soon after receiving them?

Like the title says. Seems such a waste of a worldclass cue ( esp. given the waiting time involved ).

I'm particularly anxious I may not get on with mine. Trevor dropped me an email last night, said I'd be getting a picture of this baby next week. Good to go not too long after that.

Has anyone else had to pass up on a newly received cue JP, TW, H&O etc because it just didn't feel right ( or weren't prepared to give it time ), or possibly didn't know what "their" specs really were?

Because they sell it for more than they actually paid, usually.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh dear...

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        Because they sell it for more than they actually paid, usually.....
        If i was 100% happy with a cue then i would,nt sell even for a good profit .

I think a lot of members sell their cues to get the funds to pay for another .

I,ve sold cues for a profit and ones at a loss , but the main reason was to get another .

Comment

Well in the case of trevor white cues...

A recent seller was asking ~10% more than the cue cost - everyone suggested it was a bargain.. Trevor himself posted the actual cost of the cue.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Well in the case of trevor white cues...

A recent seller was asking ~10% more than the cue cost - everyone suggested it was a bargain.. Trevor himself posted the actual cost of the cue.
            Which i think is reasonable if you dont want to wait six months and the cue is like new .

I still think most members sell their cues to get a replacement and if they make a small profit all be it .

If youre in the business as a trader then its a different kettle of fish .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Which i think is reasonable if you dont want to wait six months and the cue is like new .

I still think most members sell their cues to get a replacement and if they make a small profit all be it .
              Yeah, that will most likely be me. Although, I'm thinking as long as I look after it, it will retain a good % of it's re-sale value. Hope I won't need to go down that road tho!

Comment

Because in a lot of cases their isn't a table to try out a cue before you buy, craftsman have their own table and i believe Greenbaize have the same facility but not all cue makers have a table to test out a cue. Its like if you order a specially customised John Parris or Trevor White handmade cue to your exact spec you won't know what it feels or plays like until you recieve it and start to play with it, you won't know what the grain is like until you recieve it etc

Even if you order a cue from one of the top cue makers like Trevor White or Mike Wooldridge their won't be any guarantees that it will feel or play well for you, your new handmade cue could be perfect for the next person though if you know what i mean as the feel could be perfect for them but not for you. One thing is guaranteed though which is you will recieve top workmanship and quality from the likes of Trevor White and Mike Wooldridge but you won't know how the cue feels or plays until you have had a good number of hours with it.

To play well a cue has to be spot on, any slight thing thats wrong with a cue then it will niggle away at you forever more.
                Last edited by The Stig; 5 June 2011, 11:13 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

To be honest my latest TW cue is the third one I've had from Trevor. With my first TW ive played for almost a year and didn't really feel like I'm getting on with it. then I've ordered my second TW cue, got that and skipped it right away. Then I got my third TW cue and as they say " third time lucky" ... and it was !!! With twicked specs from the first cue I've finally came up with the specs I feel most comfortable with and vice versa!!! Also recently i got offered £650 for my new TW cue , mind you that £200 profit!!! So what do you think was the answer to it??? .......
                  NOT FOR SALE!!!

Now all I have to do is to wait further 11 month for my JP ULTIMATE to be finished! Then I'll compare my TW with JP ultimate and decide which is to stay. Just got weird feeling that TW gonna stay!!! I shall wait and see.

Happy potting to you all:-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    Yeah, that will most likely be me. Although, I'm thinking as long as I look after it, it will retain a good % of it's re-sale value. Hope I won't need to go down that road tho!
                    your cue will be a cracker as all Trevor white cues are.
                    If you have given Trevor exact requirements that you want in the cue I don't see any reason why it shouldn't suit you.
                    By the way when are you expecting to get your hand on it.
                    My deep screw shot
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                      your cue will be a cracker as all Trevor white cues are.
                      If you have given Trevor exact requirements that you want in the cue I don't see any reason why it shouldn't suit you.
                      By the way when are you expecting to get your hand on it.
                      Within the next couple of weeks I'm hoping

Comment

Originally Posted by 147alltheway View Post
                        To be honest my latest TW cue is the third one I've had from Trevor. With my first TW ive played for almost a year and didn't really feel like I'm getting on with it. then I've ordered my second TW cue, got that and skipped it right away.
                        Which TW spec did you pass up right away? I recall you getting your ash/ebony, round butt cue last year. Was that the one you didn't get on with or give a chance?

Comment

Anyone heard of a cue make called Mirage.

Tia..
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

because they think getting a new cue or should i say top end cue will make them a better player and when it doesn't they start buying and selling trying to find the one.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              Anyone heard of a cue make called Mirage.

Tia..
                              Found it, Mirage edition is made by "Cue Craft". Anyone on here have a Cue Craft cue ?.....
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                              X