Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many ppl sell/give up their new cues so soon after receiving them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
    Which TW spec did you pass up right away? I recall you getting your ash/ebony, round butt cue last year. Was that the one you didn't get on with or give a chance?
    yes bud that was the case with that particular cue. it was to long and to heavy with to thick of a butt , also work commitments played the role in selling it promptly.

Comment

in a lot of cases its the buzz of buying and trying new cues - nothing to do with how good the cue is or what its worth - see mike russell and nick kenny! - oh and me!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        in a lot of cases its the buzz of buying and trying new cues - nothing to do with how good the cue is or what its worth - see mike russell and nick kenny! - oh and me!
        Same ............Guilty as charged !
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          because they think getting a new cue or should i say top end cue will make them a better player and when it doesn't they start buying and selling trying to find the one.
          here is the winner! I believe this is the very reason, you see before this forum became so popular Trevor was hardly known of. Now since people have been showing off their cues his reputation has gone above what he could have ever wished for and its because so many people want to try out these cues most likely out of intrigue and in the hope it makes them a better player.

Trouble is once they receieve their new cues they realise after a few frames that its not the cue its themselves that are unable to play and I'd bet about 60% of the cues Trevor has made for people are for players who aren't anything more than 20-40 break standard hoping to improve their game but this quality of cue is wasted on them and they are also wasting their money too, although many get back what they paid for when they sell them.

Comment

Its also just nice to have a nice piece of kit and thats in any sport. A bit like a nice set of clubs or even (not sport) a nice ball point pen. They all do the same job really, its what behind the pushing which is the real factor.
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

The buzz of a new cue certainly is a good feeling.

Comment

Ive sold so many great cues because im still searching for a replacement for a cue I had stolen when I was 16 (31 now).

I would say a good estimate would be I have had between 25-30 cues made in that period from loads of different makers from Dave White through to trevor white all to similar specs of the cue I had stolen and none have felt the same.

I would give my soul to get that Willie Smith Champion cue back
                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

i have seen people sell their new parris cue which have not even been made yet for sale on ebay thats silly.

Pepole do this because there are idiots that go on ebay and pay stupid prices for a cue

Comment

Very true Andrew..........I think that you, nick kenny and myself must have owned some of the best cues ever made between us!! I think that to answer the original posters question the answer is that lots of snooker players think that if they get a very expensive cue that they will automatically play better snooker!! The truth is that a really great snooker player can play wonderful snooker with just about any half decent cue as long as it has a decent tip...........but a rubbish snooker player (like me!! ) will still be rubbish whether I have Ronnie O'Sullivans actual cue or a club rack cue!!

I personally have had pleasure from buying so many cues over the last few years. I actually tend to concentrate more when I get a new cue so tend to play better snooker for a time.......and then revert to my usual garbage snooker which (in my case) is completely down to bad technique.

Oldgit
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                      personally have had pleasure from buying so many cues over the last few years. I actually tend to concentrate more when I get a new cue so tend to play better snooker for a time.......and then revert to my usual garbage snooker which (in my case) is completely down to bad technique.

Oldgit
                      The above is so true.

I still use my old Cue Craft cue. Dont know the tip size, dont know the weight and its just the normal 2 piece with no mini butt, I just use my extenda which is well old too.

It down to your ability, end of.
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                      X