No announcement yet.

Cue length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice. I just feel awkward to see where I have to hold the cue. Because I have never seen top professional players holding the cue like that.

By the way, I am not a junior....

Comment

Originally Posted by smoothcueing View Post
      Thanks for the advice. I just feel awkward to see where I have to hold the cue. Because I have never seen top professional players holding the cue like that.

By the way, I am not a junior....
      Here is how to find the 'standard' setup given your current size/shape/bridge distance and straightness of bridge arm...
      1. Place the white in front of the brown spot, so nearest edge/center ball is above the spot.
      2. Place your bridge hand on the arc of the circle, so the V is directly over the line/arc. This is approx 11" bridge distance.
      3. Get down on the shot, have a friend move your grip hand forward/backward until it is vertical.
      4. Get a friend to place a coin on the floor directly below your grip hand (hopefully right under your back foot) - you can use another cue to locate the spot by standing it up next to the grip hand.

I would place some electrical tape on the cue, just in front of the grip hand .. so you can just feel it when your hand is in the correct place. The coin on the floor is where your back foot should be. Does that sound like your current setup?
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

Thanks, I will check it.

Comment

Working...
        X