For Sale: Very Rare Joe Davis Exhibition 147 Cue with Weight Stamp Side On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Very Rare Joe Davis Exhibition 147 Cue with Weight Stamp Side On

For Sale - Very Very Rare 1pc Joe Davis Exhibition 147 Ash Cue with the Weight Stamp Side On.

These are Very Rare as these Joe Davis Cues with the Weight Stamp Side on were Only Made for Joe Davis 2 Major Exhibitions 1 in 1937 and the Other in Late 1950's after he Made his 1st 147 in 1955. This Cue has the 147 Badge on with the Weight Stamp Side On so this would have been the 2nd Major Exhibition after his great 147 in 1955 and his last Ever Major Exhibition!

I spoke to Andy Hunter on Sunday who 99% of People know or Heard of him if they are into Antique Cues and Collectables as Andy is the Most Knowledgeable Person in the UK if Not the World on Antique Cues & Collectables! and he said he has had 1000's of Joe Davis Cues but Only ever Seen 2 of These Cues with the Weight Stamp Side on which he Confirms they were Made Specially for Joe Davis Major Exhibitions which there were Only 2 Ever!!

I also asked Andy that the Ash looked very Dark Colour and he told me to Smell the Cue as he said that was Smoke from the Old Clubs! And I did smell it while I was on the Phone to Him and Yes he was Correct again smelt like a Fag!...lol... He did tell me Not to Clean the Cue or Anything as this is the Way Collectors and Fans of Joe Davis would love Original Cue Not Touched.

I have Attached some Pictures of this Very Rare Cue Below Please look at the Weight Stamp Side On instead of being Straight!

Cue Specs.......

Length Approx: 58"
    Tip Approx: 9.7mm
    Butt Diameter: 31.7

As the Picture Below Shows I have just given the Badge a Quick Wipe and Most of the Nicotine/etc has come off the Badge but so has some of the Ink writing which is Nothing to Worry About as Tony Glover and Many Others can put that Back in like its was Originally as the Grooves are still there and it just needs the Ink put back in which I will get Done for Who ever Buys this if they want me too ok.

Gaz.
    Last edited by gazza147; 7 June 2011, 12:34 PM.

£120/£140 Cash!

Grab a Bargain now for this very Rare Cue.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
      £120/£140 Cash!

Grab a Bargain now for this very Rare Cue.

Gaz.
      Sorry to say it mate but i dont thin your cue wiil get anywhere near the price that you are asking..i would say it might be worth £60 to £90 tops...This is only my opinion tho so dont take any afence to it.
      thanks.
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Warren no Offence taken mate, But I have been into Cues a very long time myself and I have Talked to Many Top Collectors, Cue Dealers Regarding this Cue and they have also advised me Lowest £120-£160 because of the Rarity of it! As the Joe Davis Red Plate gets between £70-£105 at Least! and this is alot Rarer Cue Beleive Me and you May Never see another One like this Again in this Condition and Full Specs as it was New.

Gaz.

Comment

Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but how come this cue is machine spliced?

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
            Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but how come this cue is machine spliced?
            This is a Silly question but some of Joe Davis Cues are Hand Spliced and some are Machine Spliced and please read above carefully for the rarity of this cue.

Gaz.

Comment

Offers Close to £120 Cash will get this Rare Cue.

Gaz.

Comment

I was thinking that like with buying a classy cue today, a higher quality and expensive cue back then would have been hand spliced. It's obviously a bargain to the right person or collector, but this is subjective as to what you are looking for in a cue.

If you were given the (good) advice not to clean it, why did you devalue it by removing the nicotine leaving the badge in need of restoration?
                Last edited by limecc; 12 June 2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
                  I was thinking that like with buying a classy cue today, a higher quality and expensive cue back then would have been hand spliced. It's obviously a bargain to the right person or collector, but this is subjective as to what you are looking for in a cue.

If you were given the (good) advice not to clean it, why did you devalue it by removing the nicotine leaving the badge in need of restoration?
                  The Collectors mean Dont Clean Shaft or Rub Cue down with Sand Paper etc etc or Cut Cue or Alter Cue to 3/4 or Jointed! The Badge as I have already said is no problem in getting it back Original which I can get done for the Buyer or the Buyer can Contact Tony Glover themselves.

Hope this Helps.

Gaz.

Comment

How can you get a badge back to original though fella...

YOU CAN'T. You can have it redone yes, but it's not original then is it!
                    Last edited by cally; 12 June 2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Yes Cally Tony Uses the Ink which they used to Use Originally when these Badges were made, As there's nothing wrong with the Badge just the Ink!

This is quite common on Old Cues and some people do it themselves with Black Pen/Marker but Indian Ink or something like that you need to do it properly.

Gaz.
                      Last edited by gazza147; 12 June 2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

You're missing the point, if I take some felt tips to the mona lisa, it's not original now is it?
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          You're missing the point, if I take some felt tips to the mona lisa, it's not original now is it?
                          It's still original, but it's been spoiled.

The cue's still got a nice looking grain though, and if the badge is properly redone, all is not lost. A problem is that the labour could be half the value of the cue.

Did I spot that the manufacturer used steel screws (that have gone rusty) instead of brass?

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                            Felt Tip Pens won't be used on this Item! I wish you would Read the Posts Properly before you send your Silly Replies.

Perpetualboredom if you have nothing Positive to Say m8 please keep your Silly replies to yourself.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                            X