Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything to protect the bottom of butt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything to protect the bottom of butt?

I purchased a new cue a couple of months ago for English pool and it has an exposed wood bottom with a joint connector for a screw on extension.

I actually don't use any extensions for English pool so would prefer something that protects the bottom of the cue as most pubs seem to have hard floors.

I'm currently having to rest the cue on my shoe but this is something I have to keep thinking about doing and it's not doing me any favours in the concentration end. I sometimes forget and it grates on me to hear/feel the butt scraping on the floor!

Is there something that I can buy to put something on the end for protection?

I'm no expert in this area but you see a lot of top cues with leather on the bottom of the butt, it would be easy to buy a piece of thick leather and shape it to the bottom of the butt then cut a small hole into it where the screw thread is and glue it to the bottom, obviously you would have to research what the best glue is to stick leather to wood.

Similar to this, the pic is from the Green Baize website.

Last edited by The Stig; 9 June 2011, 09:47 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that

I got my cue from Green Baize so will give Stu a ring to see if they have anything as they are not far from me.

Failing that I will see if I can find some leather and stick it on myself.

Comment

If there is a hole at the bottom of the butt you can buy rubber plugs which fit in nicely. I bought a couple from Craftsman Cues a few years ago.

Comment

Originally Posted by philthoms View Post
          If there is a hole at the bottom of the butt you can buy rubber plugs which fit in nicely. I bought a couple from Craftsman Cues a few years ago.
          Thanks. Better still. I will check if they still sell them

Comment

Working...
          X