Ronnie O'Sullivans Playing Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O'Sullivans Playing Cues

I was having a discussion with a couple of fellow snooker 'cue-addict' mates recently and we were trying to work out how many actual playing cues Ronnie had used in the last few years.......in fact since his original Burwat Champion cue was modified once too often and became unusable.

So, after the Burwat Champion (which I think he made the fastest ever 147 with against Mick Price) what came next?

I think he used the same Parris cue for 2004 and 2005 and then eventually gave it away at the Crucible in 2006.

Next came another Parris cue with which he became world champion with in 2008 and eventually smashed it in January 2009 because he 'was fed up with snooker'!!

Then he won the Masters with a Parris cue that he had used for only a few days........I think he used it for 2009 and then gave it to Damien Hirst?

Next came the Robert Osbourne Green Plate cue that he used for 2010.

Finally he started using another Parris cue for 2011 which he is still using.

Can anyone add any more information to the above or correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks
    Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

You are missing the part after the Burwart champion cue.I think he used a parris cue in the 2001 championships.
    He played his best snooker with the cue that he used during the 2004 world championships but later got it 3/4 jointed.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

So you are saying the cue he gave away in '06 was exually the same as the one where he won the world with in 2001/04?
      That makes this cue here a bit more special...Here you can still see it: Link. Scroll down a bit
      Cuemaxx snooker channel on youtube

Comment

Originally Posted by cuemaxx View Post
        So you are saying the cue he gave away in '06 was exually the same as the one where he won the world with in 2001/04?
        That makes this cue here a bit more special...Here you can still see it: Link. Scroll down a bit
        I am not sure which year he stopped using his original Burwat champion cue so I am unsure about 2001/2/3 but I am pretty certain that the cue he won the world championship with in 2004 and then used for the 2005 and 2006 world championships is the same cue that he gave away to the boy at the Crucible after losing to Dott in the semi final (2006). John Parris had changed the cue from a one piece to a 3/4 joined cue by putting a joint just above the splices. He beat Ryan Day and Mark Williams with it in earlier rounds.
        Oldgit
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

He started using the JP Traditional style cue in 1997 around September time for the start of the season. I know this because I ordered my JP in the April and was surprised when Ronnie started using the same model cue the following season after the world championships. HE used that same cue up until he gave it away in 2006 but had a joint fitted to it 2 years earlier. The rest of the history you have is near enough correct.

Comment

I think with the info that Ronnie had used that cue for nearly 10 years and won 2 World Championships with it that cue would of sold.

Comment

Didn't he use a half jointed cue for a bit?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                Didn't he use a half jointed cue for a bit?
                No!! He used a motorbike briefly and decided to get John Parris to make a 2-piece (centre-jointed) cue but didn't like it so returned it to Parris who sold it to a guy who then put it on ebay!! I bought it It was a lovely looking cue with perfect ash 'arrows' but I couldn't use it so sold it to Andrew Ramsay who then sold it to Craigslater from the forum who was/is a fanatical Ronnie fan!!
                Oldgit
                Last edited by Oldgit; 12 June 2011, 10:21 AM.
                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  He started using the JP Traditional style cue in 1997 around September time for the start of the season. I know this because I ordered my JP in the April and was surprised when Ronnie started using the same model cue the following season after the world championships. HE used that same cue up until he gave it away in 2006 but had a joint fitted to it 2 years earlier. The rest of the history you have is near enough correct.
                  Wow!! I didn't realise that he used the same cue from 1997 to 2006!! So he had won two World Championships plus numerous other tournaments with the cue that he gave away. Indeed a couple of days before he gave the cue away he knocked in the highest break of the 2006 championships with a 140.
                  'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Anybody knows what with his H&O cue? It was olivwood with red venners i think.
                    Last edited by Asi; 12 June 2011, 10:23 AM.
                    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                      John Parris has probably smashed it up and burned it on a bonfire!! ......................only kidding!!
                      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                        Who knows, probably sold it or maybe still has it as a back up. He only used that cue as he was waiting for JP to make him the cue he is currently using but JP said it would take a while because he was waiting on an exceptional piece of wood for the shaft, took nearly a year to find what he was after apparantly.

Comment

Who knows, probably sold it or maybe still has it as a back up. He only used that cue as he was waiting for JP to make him the cue he is currently using but JP said it would take a while because he was waiting on an exceptional piece of wood for the shaft, took nearly a year to find what he was after apparantly.
                          Took master craftsman an year to find that piece of ash.
                          That must be one hell of a cue mate.
                          My deep screw shot
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

This Ultimate is number '805' which dates it to late 2003 or even early 2004 which means that Ronnie must have used a different cue from 1997 to 2003. It also means that Ronnie has won the world snooker championship three times with three different cues!!

'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                              This Ultimate is number '805' which dates it to late 2003 or even early 2004 which means that Ronnie must have used a different cue from 1997 to 2003. It also means that Ronnie has won the world snooker championship three times with three different cues!!
                              This just proves what a natural talent he is.

Plus, I am big believer in needing a good cue but good players can play with any good cue.

I think the spec is really important but if Ronnie was to pick up 2 good cues with his spec, he could play well with em both!

Comment

Working...
                              X