Is this cue a riley tombstone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this cue a riley tombstone ?

I found this old cue in the club i play for, even though it was in a very bad way badly warped and the splices seemed to be lifting plus the butt was and still is bashed up i loved the feel of the cue ,so after making a sizable donation to the club (£5) the cue was mine and off it went to be refurbed £50,got it back today and its great new ferrule and tip shaft is as smooth as a babys bottom and straight .can anybody tell me what the marking 2 c on the shaft means? andrew said it could be a 1930/40 riley but would need to see pics which i now have attached.2011_0611wales0091.jpg2011_0611wales0082.jpg2011_0611wales0089.jpg

yes i think i was right.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by astle_the_king View Post
      I found this old cue in the club i play for, even though it was in a very bad way badly warped and the splices seemed to be lifting plus the butt was and still is bashed up i loved the feel of the cue ,so after making a sizable donation to the club (£5) the cue was mine and off it went to be refurbed £50,got it back today and its great new ferrule and tip shaft is as smooth as a babys bottom and straight .can anybody tell me what the marking 2 c on the shaft means? andrew said it could be a 1930/40 riley but would need to see pics which i now have attached.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7746[/ATTACH]
      If the C is below the weight stamp it means it was made in 1935, A is 1932 and so on if my memory serves me well.Riley only had a few craftsmen makin the Tombstone and they marked each cue with their initial but not sure exactly how or where.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
        If the C is below the weight stamp it means it was made in 1935, A is 1932 and so on if my memory serves me well.Riley only had a few craftsmen makin the Tombstone and they marked each cue with their initial but not sure exactly how or where.
        it was you i was quoting andy!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Oops,old age is a terrible thing.

Comment

I still have this cue i gave it a month before season started but went back to my parris, but ill give it a go at the end of the season ,i just love old cues what im really after is a old rex williams maple connie

Comment

Working...
            X