No announcement yet.

Cue Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ebay rush got to me and I ended up getting a craftsman cue with plain ebony butt (with case and mini butt) from there today for 100.

Thinking about it I should have just gone for Andys one he has on sale.....

Will see when I get in a couple of days as to how well it plays :-)

Otherwise I have my eye on a couple of others at the moment and might start the buying and selling till I get the right one for me.

Shane not sure if you have been to any good cue places but there is Thurstons in Aston where you can try out a few cues, I went there but wasnt to keen on the peragons though, however there own braded ones were fantastic, so I asked them if they had any mastercues since they were using mastercue extenders and was told no. When I got home I found oput that Thurstons own brand are rebranded Mastercues. The exclusive 2 felt very nice but was about 186.

Comment

Shane

If you are still looking for a cue I advise you to pop over to Thurstons in Aston, I went over there and found out the difference between the cheap peragon ones and the smoothness of some good cues.

Funny thing is I asked if they had any mastercues and the guy told me they didn't do them, and I liked the exclusive 2 which I found out afterwards IS a mastercue just rebranded........

Anyway I managed to get a cue, piece of madness on ebay, bought a craftsman classic handmade one with all ebony, paid 100 for it.

Should have talked to Trav as the day after, he sold a one piece for the same price, just saw cue and bid for it without thinking .....

Good luck in your hunt ......

ps there is also B&W in Sutton where you may look at good cues

Comment

Did you settle on a cue?

Comment

Thanks for everybody's help and advice, it was really appreciated yeah I got a cue in the end, brought it off Stu from green baize who was very very helpful and its a lvely cue, only had chance to use it once but won the 2 games i played so can't be a bad start , Thanks again to everybody who replied

Comment

Good to hear Shane. I'm going to visit Green Baize too next time i'm down that way so good to know Stu gets the thumbs up.

Comment

Yeah he is really really helpful and would defiantly recommend him to anybody

Comment

Working...
              X