New cue advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue advice

Hey im new to The Snooker Forum but not entirely new to Snooker.

I am looking for a new cue and was introduced to here for everything snooker related.

So In my quest for a new cue, theres nothing stopping me from splashing out on a Parris, White or Wooldridge apart from the fact that I am a student and my beer tokens are just as important if not moreso.

This is where you guys come in, where is the best place to pick up a cue in the south west, including case and extensions (if possible) for around £200. I have looked at the best cues on ebay but as ever am spectacle about buying 2nd hand. Peradon I have heard some good reviews but am not entirely convinced, another place looks good but is at the other side of the country and I want to try the cue before I buy it.

My old cue (8yrs) was fine apart from several dents and scratches which when sent back to be restored came with a completely different flimsy shaft and I am devastated, its almost unusable now.

Any advice on cue brands or places to go in the south west would be great!

Oh im Dan by the way and am delighted to have joined the Snooker Forum. Smashing!

Old cue spec:
    3/4
    8.5mm
    19.5oz
    58"
    (Now with a flimsy shaft and a 9.5mm tip ... :@)

I know you are looking for a shop in your local area.
    But may I suggest perhaps you may consider a very nice Thai cue from a forum member, uncle Thai here. Nothing but good feedback that I have heard although I have never owned one.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Where did you send your cue?

Comment

lol beer tokens are very important - as a student i used the nearest cue! second hand will be your best option value wise. or try a mastercue or mastercraft cue.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi , im in south wales , Rhondda , if you can come up then i,m sure i will have something here for your budget .

Comment

See the thread below - really nice brand new cue and I might be willing to budge a little on the price as I'm a bit low on the cash flow at the moment.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-Craftsman-Cue

Comment

Cheers for the help guys, I guess it's really is a case of looking around and trying out the brands mentioned above.

Comment

I am studying at Cardiff Uni so I should be able to swing by can I get your address. Am I able to try out the cues beforehand? Also do you have some examples of cues you reccomend I can research beforehand?

Comment

Hi Dan, Have a look on Mikes website - you can get one of his standard Sharks for 175 quid. Good value in my opinion! You'll need to register to get into the main part of the site. :-)

http://www.handmadecues.com/cues/32-sharkcues.htm

Standard Specifications

* 58", 9.5mm, 29.5mm, 18oz
                  http://www.handmadecues.com/zen/inde...&products_id=8
                  Last edited by dantuck_7; 24 June 2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Yes of cours , you can come up and try all the ones i have for sale here . I live close to the club so thats not a problem . I will pm you my details . You can try and you are not obliged to buy , if you dont like what you see , or they dont feel right just say , i wont be offended , honest .

Comment

I cant pm you until you reach ten posts .

Call me 07740840591

Neil

Comment

Working...
                      X