X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my cues

Hi guys,

Should I sell my Robin Cook?

I have my Robin which is the best cue I have ever owned in terms of spot on splicing, great feel, plays cracking etc etc but I also play just as well with my walter lindrum 4137 cue.

I have found my spec which is best for me and now I feel I could play with any cue in or around that spec.

The problem with the Robin is £300 and I feel scared at times to play with where as £70 walter isnt too bad. I have only once taken my robin to the bar (where I play local league pool) where as I have taken it up spot on (snooker hall) a few times, I feel comfortable with it up spot on but not down the bar.

As i can now play just as well with my walter and robin, £300 is a lot money which could be used elsewhere.
    9.jpg9.jpg1.JPG4.JPG3.JPG10.JPG
    Whats your thoughts?

its a beautiful cue man but no point having it if your not goin to use it

Comment

Originally Posted by jay_j View Post
      its a beautiful cue man but no point having it if your not goin to use it
      Thats what I am thinking but its such a nice cue, its a shame I feel worried to play with it.

Whats other peoples thoughts?

Anybody want to make me an offer for it?

Comment

i would love to but in six weeks im flying over for a 8 week holiday and to pick up my jpu so i should save my coin for beer and such

Comment

if u want an offer mate maybe you should put the specs on it

Comment

As per pm!

17oz
            9mm mw tip (stainless ferrule)
            56 inch
            17 balance
            30mm butt

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post

The problem with the Robin is £300 and I feel scared at times to play with where as £70 walter isnt too bad. I have only once taken my robin to the bar (where I play local league pool) where as I have taken it up spot on (snooker hall) a few times, I feel comfortable with it up spot on but not down the bar.

Whats your thoughts?
              I'm with you there. I was a pub league pool player and with a cue like that you would really need to make sure you keep an eye on it. Also because it's striking looking cue you're bound to have people asking to give it a little try, which you sure as hell don't want!

If you play just as well with your other cue, and you could use the extra cash, I say why not sell.
              Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by LWB View Post
                I'm with you there. I was a pub league pool player and with a cue like that you would really need to make sure you keep an eye on it. Also because it's striking looking cue you're bound to have people asking to give it a little try, which you sure as hell don't want!

If you play just as well with your other cue, and you could use the extra cash, I say why not sell.
                This is my thoughts but its such a special baby.

I went to Robins and pick the woods myself and everything is immaculate with the cue. I didnt realise I was going to be worried about using it.

Comment

Anyone who is interested.

Send me some offers.

Comment

which the length.
                    You send it to Brazil
                    thanks

Comment

Length is in post above.

I could look into it

Pm me
                      Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 27 June 2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Should I sell my Robin Cook?

I have my Robin which is the best cue I have ever owned in terms of spot on splicing, great feel, plays cracking etc etc but I also play just as well with my walter lindrum 4137 cue.

I have found my spec which is best for me and now I feel I could play with any cue in or around that spec.

As i can now play just as well with my walter and robin, £300 is a lot money which could be used elsewhere.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7870[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7871[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7872[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7873[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7874[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7877[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7879[/ATTACH]
                        Whats your thoughts?
                        not being funny pal but this is just stupid you had a custom cue made and are afraid to use it are you being serious they are made to be used. grow up and get playing with it jesus i have a few cues that cost 400/600 i use them all the time as thats what they are made for there not going to fall apart when you hit a ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                          not being funny pal but this is just stupid you had a custom cue made and are afraid to use it are you being serious they are made to be used. grow up and get playing with it jesus i have a few cues that cost 400/600 i use them all the time as thats what they are made for there not going to fall apart when you hit a ball.
                          Sounds like ur a being a bit funny!

I aint afraid of it breaking when hit the ball! I aint stupid! I am afraid of some little chancer stealing it or somebody else trying to use it and damage it.

Comment

I aint afraid of it breaking when hit the ball! I aint stupid! I am afraid of some little chancer stealing it or somebody else trying to use it and damage it.
                            Just enjoy playing with it Keep an eye on it
                            You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
                            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Absolutely! - Just keep it close-by and in your case when not using it. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X