Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New front splice plus convert to jointed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front splice plus convert to jointed....

I have four 10" x 4" x 1" thick Walnut blanks which I salvaged from a skip on a job I was doing last year. Lately I've been thinking about maybe using them on my cue. My current cue is a 1pc plain ebony butt. I love it and really dont want to change the way it feels but I am tempted to have a decorative front splice put on. Im not sure what Ebony/Walnut will look like though and Im worried it might affect the weight and balance of the cue.

Also finding it a little inconvenient carrying the 1pc about. I absoloutley love the cue and the way it plays, its a keeper for life. But Im thinking about having a hidden join pout in just below the splices. The only ting that worries me is how it might affect the way the cue feels on the shot. There will be a little bit more weight and the balance will be shifted back slightly. Can I counteract this by having a new front splice in a 'lighter than ebony' type of wood?

(The thought of drilling and re-weighting a 1pc makes me cringe)

From what you are saying, just leave it as it is

Comment

I´ve done these things to a 1pc cue.Joint and a new splicings to the butt. You shouldn´t do it if you like the way the cue plays. It wont feel the same after the surgery.

Comment

Cheers you two

So adding a join is a no-no. OK then.

What about a new front splice though, surely that's not going to make a noticeable effect on the feel of the cue?

Comment

ive added a front splice to a couple and it didnt make any real difference IMO !!!!
          http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Working...
          X