Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerglide???

Hi guys,

I've been playing snooker for about 3 months now and think i'm ready for a cue. Now of course with me being a beginner i'm not going to jump straight in and buy a £200 custom cue . So i've been looking around and have set a budget of £30 (ridiculous i know.) Now, I was looking at Powerglide cues in particular and have got my eye on a Powerglide Airstrike, so i'm just wondering if anyone has used this cue and could tell me whether it's good or not and if there's another cue you could reccomend.

Thanks, Tom

30 quid... come on fella...lol...

Comment

How much will i need for a decent cue??? lol

Comment

Lots of info/threads on budget cues here bud.

Have a search about... (search bar up there^^^on the right...

Comment

hay cally love the i support single mums tag ill have to get one because i play for a strip club lol

Comment

Really for that kind of money I wouldn't be worrying about what make/name of cue you get. If that's all you can afford just try to get something that feels right in terms of length, weight and is as straight as possible.

Comment

Originally Posted by jay_j View Post
              i play for a strip club lol
              Really? NOW that's a team i'd like to be in... lol.

Nice one.

Comment

it has its ups and downs u try making a tuff shot on the black when u can see topless chicks in your peripheral vision

Comment

My nephew sniped a 25yr old hand spliced ash/ebony Powerglide Purist off Ebay for that price. Took a chance and got lucky but it's the only way you'll get a decent Powerglide.

Comment

I can easily bump the price up just snooker isn't my main sport, I'm just looking for something that'll get me by....

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
                      My nephew sniped a 25yr old hand spliced ash/ebony Powerglide Purist off Ebay for that price. Took a chance and got lucky but it's the only way you'll get a decent Powerglide.
                      limecc I bought a Powerglide Purist in 1983. Maple centre-jointed with plain ebony butt. Think its machine spliced. I'm not selling but wonder if its got any current value. Can't remember but think I paid £42 for it. Photo of badge attached. (sorry about quality). Any comments would be appreciated.
                      PS Added a photo of splice showing Rex Williams signature
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bigmeek; 4 July 2011, 07:27 AM. Reason: add photo

Comment

Originally Posted by TomGrewal View Post
                        I can easily bump the price up just snooker isn't my main sport, I'm just looking for something that'll get me by....
                        Save your money mate and use a house cue as there will be no real advantage to buying a poor cue. If you aspire to improve your snooker and enjoy playing then I would definitely invest in a decent cue. You can get a decent cue fairly cheap but certainly not for £30! Obviously IMO. Good luck with it.

Comment

I would recommend mastercraft

Comment

I reckon it's a cracking cue and has added value as a pre-Gunn & Moore example! I bet there aren't many around anymore as most folk wouldn't have paid that amount at the time! When I was looking for a Purist a few years later, they were retailing at £70 so I reckon in today's money that equates to a £250 cue. For sure it's already collectable to the right buyer.

Here's the £30 bargain that came with case!

DSC00588.JPGDSC00589.JPG
                            Last edited by limecc; 3 July 2011, 10:48 PM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

I still think it's good to have your own cue regardless of quality. Personally I play better using something with a familiar feel each time rather than swapping cues every time I go out.

Comment

Working...
                              X