1 pc or 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 pc or 3/4

Hey I was just wondering what was beta to use a 1pc or 3/4 snooker cue and also why.

All down to preferences. 3/4 cues are easier to transport, 1 piece cues are regarded to "feel" better, and give you better feedback. 3/4 cues are (generally) heavier, althought they can be lighter if you request it, and one piece can be made heavier. I'm just referring to standard made cues.
    3/4 cues offer the use of extensions etc, where as on a one piece you have to either get the cue with a joint socket already fitted, or you get one fitted yourself, however I personally don't like the feel of the socket on the bottom of a cue.
    I use a 3/4, and am perfectly happy with it. I have used 1 pc cues, 1/2 split cues, and 3/4 cues. I don't really feel much difference between 1 pc and 3/4, except for the balance is more forward on a 3/4.
    It literally is up to you which you go for. The best advise if go and try several cues out, feel for yourself what they are like, and hopefully, you will pick a cue up and just "know" that is your cue. I got lucky in that I was told the guy was selling my (eventual) cue, so when I went to look at it, I picked it up and it just felt right. I brought it from him, wen't to the club to have a knock about. I set the reds up, and made 2 60+ breaks in 2 frames. I have never changed it, would only ever change it for one of 2 cues (dads pear cannon match, of a cue I make myself), and if I did ever stop using it, I would offer it back to the guy I got it off. That was part of the deal, he got first buyback option.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
    X