Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• english 8ball cue

hi

what cues and cue specs do you guys use for 8ball?

robin cook spec 8.5 tip and 18 for waight smaller tip is beta

Comment

I use an old ash 3/4 Craftsman cue, I've since had the female joint replaced and had a new butt made by Dan Shelton to lengthen it and increase the weight slightly. Specs are - 49", 12.5oz, 8.25mm tip, 28mm butt, 14" b/p.

Comment

56 inches long - 8mm tip - about 17.5 ounces.

Craftsman Majestic
        Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

I use a 3/4 King cue Excellence which has been shortened to 56", 8.5" tip, 17oz, 17" bal point.

I'm trying a lighter cue which should be arriving soon from ADR on this site which is 15oz so will see how I go with it when it arrives.

Link is here
          http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ball-pool-cues.

Comment

hi sootyvrs

where did you get your king cue from?

i currently use a 1piece plain ebony mastercue pb1
            length - 58inch
            weight - 16 oz
            tip size 8mm

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
              hi sootyvrs

where did you get your king cue from?
              Got mine from Stu Green at Green Baize after trying out around 15+ pool spec cues which included GBL, Mastercue, King Cue and some cheaper hand spliced and machine spliced cues.

Here's a picture of my actual cue (very left) on his website

http://www.greenbaize.com/forum/foru...p?thread_id=51

Truth is that I wasn't looking for fancy splicing as the feel of the cue was most important. the fact that it looks lovely was a bonus though.

The King Cue also has a proprietary joint which is unique to King Cue so I've contacted King Cue in Thailand and they have made me some custom short butt's to attach to the shaft for when there is tight spaces.

I'm not sure if anyone stocks these now in UK as I've heard that Master cue stockists have been told they cannot stock both makes. I hear that King Cue and Master Cue manufacturer are related family members who have fallen out (rumoured) but not sure how accurate that is?
              Last edited by sootyvrs; 2 July 2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X