replica mannock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replica mannock

hi lads ime thinking of having a go at making a replica mannock so need some measurements,ive got 2 mannocks but they are 55 ins long so not sure if splicing is as should be,so want 1 or 2 of you lads to give me some dimensions,from butt to top of ebony splice,from butt to top of tulip wood,and from butt to top of rosewood or burr wood,and also dia at these points thanks to all who help,ps realy wants to be ash and 57-58 ins long

Right Jim based on a 58" Pear Shaft Mannock sizes as follows:

23" to tips of ebony splices, 17" to tips of tulipwood and 8" to tip of burr.

Dia is at 23" is 20.5mm, at 17" is 22.5mm and at 8" 25.5mm and for good measure butt is 28.5mm

Anything else you want to know ? lol

I'm pretty sure they'll all vary though not sure there is a set length as such, i've owned lots of original Burwats and they'll all been different splice lengths.
    Last edited by CueAntW147; 3 July 2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

thats a start ants unless you can tell me how to get splices bang on lol

Comment

Wouldn't worry about that mate, back in the day they were very rarely bang on, level or even.......

Comment

Jim, You got some Tulip in 18 inch lengths?
          Without buying lumber sizes I cant find any. Would like to have a go at a mannock myself.
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

yes jason i got 2 pieces in the stuff from america but it cost about £27 18x2x2

Comment

mannock

hi jason if you want ile send a piece for my 007 and you can have a go at 1 and ile have a go

Comment

Yep that would be good.
                I have 6 cues to make first and will have a go at one then.
                http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Jim, I have a pear shafted ,playable Mannock,but no callipers.Dimensions are 57.5" (horn ferrule replaced,probably started as 58"). Machine spliced ebony butt is 22.5" , Secondary Tulipwood hand splices are 13.5" and front splice is Snakewood at 6".The butt is a close visual match (diameter wise) to a cue I have that is 29mm.Hope this helps.

Comment

good luck him
                    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

right lads got an idea what ime doing the ebony splices will have to be as hand spliced because i havent got machinery to do a machine spliced joint but you can get it quite close so ile start today let you know with progress reports

Comment

some pics of attempt at mannock splices not right at tulip wood should be higher but playes very nice happy with it,,will try another one later now i know where i went wrong

Comment

147 cue

while ime on thought ide post pics of 147 cue splicing i tried,

Comment

SUPERB great job jim
                            Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            while ime on thought ide post pics of 147 cue splicing i tried,
                            RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Very nice work Jim , is the white balance out on your camera ? Your splice work gets better,keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X