Help needed - 3/4 cue in 1pc case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - 3/4 cue in 1pc case

Hey I am just wondering if anybody knows whether having a 3/4 cue in a 1pc case and not unscrewing the joint would affect the cue in any way?

no wouldnt think so

Comment

It shouldn't, as long as the case is not going to be bumped, banged, and dropped regular. If not, I cannot see a reason why it may have an adverse effect on the cue.
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by cameron0606 View Post
        Hey I am just wondering if anybody knows whether having a 3/4 cue in a 1pc case and not unscrewing the joint would affect the cue in any way?
        Can't think of a reason why it would affect the cue... but wouldn't it quite defeat the purpose of getting a 3/4 cue, i.e. for easier storage or transport?
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

The only danger I'm aware of and it has happened to me once or twice is if you leave a brass-on-brass joint tightened for an extended length of time sometimes they will freeze and in one case I needed to use 2 large wrenches to loosen it off. I used to leave my cue tightened and sitting on my table when not in use and over one summer it locked up.

To avoid this I would recommend when you put the cue away to loosen the joint just a touch so it's not solidly locked. I do this now every day at the end of my practice session and haven't had any problems.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            The only danger I'm aware of and it has happened to me once or twice is if you leave a brass-on-brass joint tightened for an extended length of time sometimes they will freeze and in one case I needed to use 2 large wrenches to loosen it off. I used to leave my cue tightened and sitting on my table when not in use and over one summer it locked up.

To avoid this I would recommend when you put the cue away to loosen the joint just a touch so it's not solidly locked. I do this now every day at the end of my practice session and haven't had any problems.

Terry
            i keep a 3/4 in my one piece case with my 2 one piece cues and i just crack the joint half a turn and its fine

Comment

thanks ppl very helpfull and i will do thant

Comment

Happened to me Terry with a Robert Osborne cue . Never undone the cue for 2 years and it locked up .
                Good idea to loosen it .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                X