X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbl or master cue

hey i am just wondering what cue is beta gbl or a master cue

Hi

I've had both makes of cues from stu at greenbaize. I found GBL thw GBL cues to have a really nice feel to the cue but the mastercues do exactly what you want them too..

Comment

You can only really compare cue for cue, not maker to maker.

What works for you may not work for the next person.

What I have learnt in the past year or 2 of trying different cues has totally changed my views. I had all these thoughts of wonders whats the best, right answer etc etc. It has taught me that its not the manufacturer, its the cue itself. Whether that be branded Trevor White, Robin Cook or David Beckham.

What also plays a majority of the part is the person behind it.

Providing you have the got the right cue and it feels right, plays well for you, nothing else matters.

Comment

hey

hey thanks i like the master cues beta and i am used to a geordi pool cue so dont want to change to much lol so i was looking at the mastercue m1

Comment

Agree with what Jaffa has said.

I tried out many Master Cue and GBL's and each one felt different from a playability point of view.

From a quality point of view I would say GBL are marginally better finished than the Master Cue but you would need a trained eye to notice it in my opinion.

Both are excellent cue makers

Comment

Generally Mastercue are stiffer then GBL,most of the GBL cues I'v seen were medium stiff but very responsive.
            As far as finish and splicework is concerned GBL cues are the outright winner.
            My deep screw shot
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

I,ve said many times that gbl cues are the best buy for the buck , the finish on them is superb .

Comment

Nowhere Near as Good Buy as a Master Cue m8.

Buy the Master Cue Beleive me you Won't be Sorry! I have had 100's of Master Cues and Many Gbl Cues and the Master Cues are Far Better Quality and Finish!

Gaz.

Comment

Obviously horses for courses but from what ive seen over at Greenbaize my money would go on a GBL cue

Comment

Sorry Gaz but i,m gonna disagree with you on that . The finish on the gbl in my pic album is up there with anything i,ve owned . Playability is subjective but looks and finish dont deceive the naked eye .

Comment

Jrc thats Obviously Your Choice and your Opinion!

But I have Sold 1000's of Cues Believe me and Majority of People Choose Master Cue Over GBL Cues everytime! Thats Not Just my Opinion thats the Majority of People I have Sold Cues too so I Know the Majority who know anything about Cues would Choose Master Cue before GBL Cues.

Stuart is a Great Guy at Greenbaize and his Cues are good for the Money but Not as Good as Master Cues thats all.

Gaz.

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...achmentid=6242

The gbl cue in these pics , the one with red veneers , has one of the cleanest most precise finish i,ve seen on a cue . I,ve seen quite a few of master cues but have yet to see one quite as nice as this .

Comment

hi i have a pyragon mastercue for sale as got myself a jp,i have played with both cues you are on about and i think the mastercue gives you more control off the wb ,but your thinking obviously i would say that but thats my opinion, its also true its whos holden the cue too. hope you get what your after m8.

Comment

Originally Posted by calgo54 View Post
                            hi i have a pyragon mastercue for sale as got myself a jp,i have played with both cues you are on about and i think the mastercue gives you more control off the wb ,but your thinking obviously i would say that but thats my opinion, its also true its whos holden the cue too. hope you get what your after m8.
                            The way the cue plays is another mateer all together , the master cue you tried obviously suited you and felt great , most probs the next one you try will be different and you may not like it , the same goes for all makes of cues .

Comment

I like mastercue but I think the splice work is superior on GBL cues. They remind me a lot of MW's.
                              Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                              X