recomend a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recomend a cue

Sorry if im opening a can of worms here. I havent played for a number of years now and really want a good cue and case (ive contacted north wales for a case) i used to have a peradon royal cue but i do fancy something else this time, any recomendations?

I know everyone will prefer one type over another im just looking for a pointer or 2
    Want a shiney car? www.cgdetailing.co.uk

If you say how much you want to spend we,ll have a better idea muck , theres always plenty of good cues floating about here

Comment

and spec !!!
      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

for spec im not bothered really. I only played for a few years and never felt comfortable with my cue. i prefer the idea of a 3/4 cue but im not 100% bothered.

Maybe around the £200 mark

Comment

If i had the chance i would always tro to go to somewhere like Craftsman or Greenbaize where you can try a good selection of cues out to see which suits you and you like .

I would spend as much as you can on a cue and get any old case as long as it protects the cue . You can always get a decent case later .

Comment

thanks alot, Craftsman is not too far from me, about 2hr drive. Thurstons in Liverpool isnt far but last time i went there they didnt have much choice really

Comment

Craftsman have received excellent reviews here from people who have visited their shop .

Misread your post i see you,ve budgeted for a case seperately .

Comment

yes case will be separate. Ill pop over asap. I dont mind paying more for a really good cue.

Comment

You will pay nore for fancy splicing veneers , personally i would look past this and just concentrate on the cue which fells the best in your hand and plays well . If it has a fancy design that you like so be it , but i would,nt look concentrate on that .

Comment

Really appreciate the tips and help.

Thank you very much

Chris

Comment

Another thing , try and find the right , length , weight , tip size . Try a 57 " and 58 " and see which feels better , so that will be the length sorted , then try say 17 - 19 oz and see which feels better , then try 9 mm - 10 mm tip and see which feels better . this will give a more of a chance of finding a cue which suits you .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        Another thing , try and find the right , length , weight , tip size . Try a 57 " and 58 " and see which feels better , so that will be the length sorted , then try say 17 - 19 oz and see which feels better , then try 9 mm - 10 mm tip and see which feels better . this will give a more of a chance of finding a cue which suits you .
                        I take it craftsman will have all that there? Well worth traveling there if so. Last time i bought a cue I think i had around 5 to choose from

Comment

From what i gather they have a few hundred there to try .

Comment

Craftsman generally have 150+ cues on display.They have a pool and snooker table in the shop,where as long as you are serious and not messing around,you can "try before you buy" .I have taken team mates there myself to choose a cue and it is something approaching a 180 mile round trip and I still believe it is worth the trip.Dave and Simon provide good customer service and Dave in particular is very knowledgeable ( a dissatisfied customer does not come back,think about it).If you still cant find what you want,custom build at Craftsman is an option open to you.It should be noted that I have NO connection with the shop other than being a happy customer.If you do a search on this forum you will,as hotpot says, find more reviews that are almost always positive ones.Hope this helps.

Comment

If you want Daves knowledge, you will have to wait until Friday or after as he is on holiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X