No announcement yet.

How to remove chalk stains on cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never, ever had chalk stains on a cue. Am I missing something?

Comment

That's what I am wondering here. I always get chalk on my cue while most of my buddies don't. I really wonder if it's because the way I chalk my cue or is it the cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by kennethkoo View Post
        That's what I am wondering here. I always get chalk on my cue while most of my buddies don't. I really wonder if it's because the way I chalk my cue or is it the cue?
        The way you chalk...also if the finish on your shaft has been removed it will get chalk stain easier..
        Any picture?
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 July 2011, 06:03 AM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
          check out craftsman polish sleeves and cue slickers.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/Accessories.html

Chalk is something which bothers me as well so what I have started to do put fingers on ferrule when chalking so my fingers catch it not the cue. Works a dream until I forget.
          Thanks for the tip btw. Tried chalking with my fingers directly beneath the ferrule. Still feels a little awkward chalking this way, but it works. At least after 2 hours of practice, barely any chalk stains could be seen. Kudos to you bro.

Regarding my old cue, will post a pic up later on.

Comment

I would say just leave them there, any fiddling about with trying all sorts to get rid you are liable to lift out the grain filler on the shaft and make things worse when it happens again...

just oil it and they will fade in time and give the cue a great looking colour.....

and it might not be due to your fingers, it gets onto mine from chalk in my cue case

Comment

I also have Never Had Chalk Stains on my Cue! I look after it like a Baby and Clean it when Needed which isn't Often to be Fair.

I have had a few into me with Chalk Marks on Shaft Near Ferrule as some People Chalk there Hand Between Thumb and 1st Finger! I have Now told them Not to do it and I dont get it very often anymore.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
              X