Cue cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue cost

How much would I be looking at spending for a top of the range cue to help me achieve a challenge I'm setting myself as posted in the coaching thread?

£300 up to sky's the limit (ok £1000 then lol)

Comment

Depends what you call top of the range.

Robin cook is regarded as one of best and the cue i have from his totally backs that.

He starts at £270.

U can get cheaper though such as wright cues, craftsman, greenbaize etc.

Just because u have a really expensive cue, it doesnt make u any better.

Having a good cue which feels and plays right for u is more important. The manufactuer shouldnt matter.

Comment

a really top end snooker cue will cost £400-£700 depending on design. the question is would you know what you are looking at?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Give Trevor a Ring Maverick and he will Sort you a Cracking Cue out from around £360+ and Maybe he has something there Your Specs as we Speak if your Very Very Lucky!...lol

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            Give Trevor a Ring Maverick and he will Sort you a Cracking Cue out from around £360+ and Maybe he has something there Your Specs as we Speak if your Very Very Lucky!...lol

Gaz.
            he has no cues!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              he has no cues!
              time for some ADR salesmanship

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                time for some ADR salesmanship
                i am too lazy!

Comment

maverick:

I made a comment on your coaching string. Ordering a custom cue from someone like Trevor or Robin will take you at least 4-6 months to get depending where they are on a production run and if your specs are normal.

Even though ADR147 (andrew) is reluctant to give you a sales pitch (maybe bashful or something?) I would recommend you attempt to find out what cue specs you like and then contacting him to see if he has a used cue from a decent cuemaker that will suit (he's in Scotland somewhere) and that way you would get a decent cue right at the start of your training year

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

adr has a lovely american made ash cue for sale on here - cheap as chips!!!!

Comment

Kevin Muncaster at NW Cues makes cues good enough for John Higgins and although his cues are not always the best looking, I have never heard of a bad " player " from Kevin.If you research NW on here " playability" is the one factor everyone endorses.The question is " do you value playability over looks".Glover cues are also reknowned for playing qualities with the added bonus that they can replicate any cue to any taper you want.( they had a bench jig for planing tapers to within 000s"). That said TW,Robin,MW,JP,Coutts,etc,etc will all make excellent cues.My advice ,try as many cues as possible,find one you like REGARDLESS OF "NAME/BRAND" and pay the asking price.If you know your specs exactly and cant find one, ask Glovers to make an exact copy of your favourite cue to your specs.

Comment

Originally Posted by burwat292596 View Post
                        adr has a lovely american made ash cue for sale on here - cheap as chips!!!!
                        long sold!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          long sold!
                          Adr has alot of other really nice cues for sale still though

Comment

Working...
                          X