Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cue Advice? Driving me round the twist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Matt Dunn View Post
    Maybe you're viewing the site out of your Cache, not sure?

Hmmmmm.... so what's the best value then??

nope clear cache and works fine

my personal preference would be just a plain ebony butt 3/4 with 9.5mm tip -anything smaller and it can start putting unwanted spin on the white more

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/Phoenix_Cues.html pheonix cues

Comment

Edit; that's very strange lol

Ok - thanks for that, I do want to practice positioning alot, does a larger tip sometimes mean less ability to spin the white more?
      Craftsman custom cue - 58" long 3/4 jointed 9.5mm tip 18.5oz plain black ebony with ash shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt Dunn View Post
        Cant get on that website just says page cannot be displayed?
        Bigmeek, I am struggling to find what the difference between the Peradon cues is? I mean there's a few at around the £90 - £140 price bracket, such as Joe Davis, Century, Ascot, Royal, Earl, Sandringham? Don't really see what the differences are - do you have any recommendations?
        I can't get that website working either. Don't know why.
        I wouldn't really be able to make a recommendation for you. Picking a cue is a very personal thing. Generally you get what you pay for.
        The price differences can be for a number of reasons including quality of wood and which web-site you're looking at. To get "apples with apples" have a look at http://www.johnparrottcuesports.com/...apest&offset=0 and you'll see that the Joe Davis doesn't have an SD joint but the Century and Ascot do, plus they come with a mini-butt.
        Most folks (perhaps everyone?) buying a cue nowadays will buy a cue with an SD joint so that they can use extensions. If you buy a cue without an SD joint and want to have one fitted later it can cost £20-£30.
        Post up how you get on at Thurstons. Things may be a little clearer once you've had a cue in your hands and had a few "imaginary" hits. Strangely a lot of people can "feel" they have the right cue by this method. I think your brain somehow makes up its mind about weight, balance etc.

Comment

FYI

I believe all cues purchased at Craftsman come with a free mini butt and extension. I always did in the past when buying from there.

Comment

Originally Posted by cain29 View Post
            FYI

I believe all cues purchased at Craftsman come with a free mini butt and extension. I always did in the past when buying from there.
            You now pay extra according to their site

Comment

mastercrafts and dunns-cues off SD joint and mini butt inclusive to cue price.

I think the dunns are just plastic though not ebony.

Comment

I'll see what Thurstons reply to the email I sent them. And hopefully go down on Friday, if they have many stock cues that is!
                Craftsman custom cue - 58" long 3/4 jointed 9.5mm tip 18.5oz plain black ebony with ash shaft

Comment

Working...
                X