Which cue should i go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cue should i go for?

Hi guys. I'm reasonably new to snooker ive been playing regularly for the past year or so. I've been using one of my Dads old cues which is pretty ragged and have also recently joined a minor league with some mates from my local village and dont want to show up to the games with an old tatty cue. What do you guys recommend? I dont really want to be spending more than £100? Thanks!

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...g-me-round-the...

Read this post as he started a simlar budget thread.

Comment

It really doesn't matter what the cue looks like, it's how you use it. If you play well with a tatty old cue, you play well with it. If you just can't get on with your cue, by all means upgrade it, but if you play well and feel comfortable using it, I don't see a need to change it. I believe both Peter ebdon and ken Doherty both use former "rack cues" that they brought from their local club. Neither is anything special and don't look good, but I think they use them pretty well!
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I agree with Deant. If this old tatty cue of your Dad's suits you and if you're concerned about the appearance of your cue then take your money and send the cue to a good cue repairer who will dish it up and likely bring it back close to new looking.

Dave Coutts has a good rep, but any decent cuemaker like Trevor White, Robin Cook, Mike Wooldridge (I think he will refurbish, but not sure) and quite a few others mentioned on here is the 'Cues' section will help you out.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Ebdon and Doherty used "rack cues" and as for Hendry,yes the Connoisseur may have been pretty but it was bent as a nine bob note,didnt seem to affect his World Championships though.Snobbery is a major pain and if anyone looks down on you for having a "tatty cue" let your game do the talking and kick them where it hurts (right in the ego).If you are concerned about appearance,then maybe its your confidence and self esteem that needs a boost and I would agree with Terry.Dave Coutts work on re-furbishments is outstanding.However nothing puts a smile on my face quicker than beating a "cue tart" (pretty cue, no game) with a pub cue,down at my local.Makes me smile every time.

Comment

Working...
          X