Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stephen Hendry still using his Acuerate cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Stephen Hendry still using his Acuerate cue?

I am just sat here watching Stephen Hendry v Martin Gould on Eurosport. I just wondered if Hendry is still using his Acuerate '147 Legend' cue:

http://www.acuerate.com/pic/flyer/ac...-snooker08.pdf

I am sure his cue had some green veneers/splicing on last season, as shown in the link but it doesn't appear to now, or perhaps it is just my eyes. In addition are these cues manafactured in the UK or just Belgium?

Thanks,

Jon

spec:

Comment

Hi Cueinhand, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Your photos did not show up though, so I can understand your post. Could you put up the links?

Thanks

Jon

Comment

There have been many posts on this subject already, Acuerate Cues are made in China by Lou Pei of LP Cues, Lou Pei supplies a few other "Top" UK cue names with cues as well, his production grades the cues from A - E the Acuerate Cues are Grade B & C the cue Stephen Hendry now uses is an LP DUKE in maple with four Palm-wood lower butt splices over maple veneer, they cost from Y 2500 - 5000 retail roughly 300 - 600 pounds, I have two of the Duke A Grade cues here, and I can tell you that they are at least as good as the very best 1000 pound cues you can buy from an English cue-maker, Dominic Dale sometimes is on this forum, if you read my post Dom tell the members how well your Lou Pei cue turned out? and compare them to the best in England. I have no association with either Lou Pei or his cues, I am simply telling you what my opinion of them is, ultimately it only matters what YOU are happy with, if a UK badge is important to you then that is fine, problem is that through the Acurate Cue association Lou Pei is very busy and makes very good money hence can be quite difficult to contact and their English is not very good, so you may have to persevere a bit if you want one of his cues. Now I don't want this to end up in another bash John Parris action, I am simply saying that as Stephen Hendry rates the LP DUKE above the Ultimate cues John made for him, not that they were bad cues far from it, I have seen and had a hit with one of them, they were great cues, very well made, it's just that Hendry prefers the LP Cue, same with the Parris Ultimate 855 I have here, an excellent cue but from a playing point of view I would always use the LP, I find the balance is better and it has a lot more feel through the cue, again this is just my personal opinion, you may prefer the Parris Ultimate?, don't email me about them, these are my personal cues and none of them are for sale. But I would like to hear more comments about the LP DUKE cue from anyone that has one, because they really are great cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
          ... if you read my post Dom tell the members how well your Lou Pei cue turned out?...
          Hi JP1, which post is this statement referring to?
          Cheers
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker66 View Post
            Hi Cueinhand, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Your photos did not show up though, so I can understand your post. Could you put up the links?

Thanks

Jon
            http://www.mysnooker.cn/bbs/topic33409.html

Comment

Thanks for the images. Can you tell me the name of this Acuerate cue and where it can be purchased?
              Also, JP1 says Hendry used the "LP Duke" cue? Is this the case?

Comment

Thanks for the images. Can you tell me the name of this Acuerate cue and where it can be purchased?
                As I know,Acuerate made by LP,Lou Pei who is the owner of LP.

Comment

the name of this cue "Acuerate 147"

you cue visit this for purchase
                  http://www.acuerate.com/

Comment

Just wondering, I haven't seen any video's or youtube of the acuerate cue proving it's a low deflection cue... Am I missing something?

Comment

I'm not really a cue expert but I used an Acuerate custom made for a season and I didn't find any difference in the deflection when using side.

But to show you all how far out I am, I've never heard of LP cues. I have an LK.T custom cue here with a titanium/brass joint which is a very good cue (Family I shaft which is his best) but can't get on with it. It was expensive at around $900(US) or around 500pounds but that included shipping and 2 extensions.

As far as I know Dominic Dale is using an H&O, or at least he was in late April in the worlds

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

hendry is currently playing with a new acuerate cue, he said he changed to this one because it felt better, hendry has had a long association with coach chris henry who owns acuerate, and this particular new model of acuerate is also being used by luca brecel, and they are no longer made by lp cues from china, these new ones are being made by some other cuemaker (donno who) but its no longer lp for sure.
                        RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

hi doctor, have you got the money, lol

imo hendry could not use a very nice cue, after his powerglide one was broken, he kept changing his cues over and over again, and i have discussed this with him in beijing, he tried to find the one not with the best quality, not the best timber, but same with his broken one, if possible.

If the cuemakers was asked to build a new cue for the greatest, they would always tried to use the best timber, and that is never the right for stephen. i remember rocket said, he could not imagine the greatest could pot so manyt titles with a banana, lol, and i have ever seen his old powerglide, that is really rubbish imo, but he used to

So do not care what cues stephen is using, if he like the cue, only bcoz the cue feel similar to his broken one, not bcoz that is a nice cue indeed

Comment

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post

imo hendry could not use a very nice cue, after his powerglide one was broken, he kept changing his cues over and over again, and i have discussed this with him in beijing, he tried to find the one not with the best quality, not the best timber, but same with his broken one, if possible.

If the cuemakers was asked to build a new cue for the greatest, they would always tried to use the best timber, and that is never the right for stephen. i remember rocket said, he could not imagine the greatest could pot so manyt titles with a banana, lol, and i have ever seen his old powerglide, that is really rubbish imo, but he used to

So do not care what cues stephen is using, if he like the cue, only bcoz the cue feel similar to his broken one, not bcoz that is a nice cue indeed
                            Good post hendrykitty

Comment

haha not yet mate, banks nowadays seem to be sending the money through a messenger on foot , lol

i know the quality on some of these acuerate cues can be worse than a club cue.

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post

RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Working...
                              X