How to make a cue butt grippier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a cue butt grippier?

Recently purchased an ebony free lightweight Pool spec cue from ADR and finding that as it's an Ash shaft from tip to butt it has the same smooth finish which I'm finding slippery where I grip the butt.

Is there something I can put on the butt end e.g. varnish, oil etc... to make it grippier?

What do you recommend?

bees wax works pretty well !!
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

just spit on your hand that works or you can buy some stuff forgot name of it but they use it in golf and tennis so the grip is better

Comment

"To make it grippier"?..

The grip should be nice and loose, so much so thats it is just with one thumb and one finger. Unless you mean the butt moves on light feathering.
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

buy some surfers sex wax.....

just for the fact it will be in your cue case

Comment

Thanks.. Will try some wax's mentioned.

It's just the feel I don't like, at the butt end that is and prefer a grippier feel even when the grip is loose.

Comment

I have just remove the varnish on my old cue. The butt end has gotten so slippery that it slides a little while playing medium to powerful shots. Will oiling with linseed oil help improve it's grip a little?

Comment

I like it pretty "tacky" and used polyurethane. Works absolutely lovely.
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
                X