Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cue is Dale using in Australian Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue is Dale using in Australian Open?

The cue he is using looked very appealling to me. Can anyone tell what wood is used for the four lower splicies and could it be a vintage cue pls?

Is it tulipwood?
    Last edited by Straight strike; 22 July 2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: addition of info

From another thread, someone has mentioned that they believe Dale is currently using an antique H&O, no information on the splices though.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I spoke to Doms Dad last week as he good friend of mine and he said Dom is Really trying to make a go of it and bought a flat near Gloucester to Practise Hard and try and get up the Rankings.

Hope you stick with 1 Cue then Dom and Dont keep Changing them like you have done most fo your Life!...lol

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
        I spoke to Doms Dad last week as he good friend of mine and he said Dom is Really trying to make a go of it and bought a flat near Gloucester to Practise Hard and try and get up the Rankings.

Hope you stick with 1 Cue then Dom and Dont keep Changing them like you have done most fo your Life!...lol

Gaz.

Never understand these people who always change their cues .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

The cue looks very classy and I like it a lot, have a look at his cue and tell me if the lower splicing is tulip should you have a chance pls. Dale really played well in Australia though he had been out. It's amazing that he can switch between ash and maple.

Comment

I had a look at his cue when I was in Gloucester but I can't say for sure if it was an 'antique H&O or not but it was definitely and H&O and while I was there Dominic went to O in London to get some work done on the cue (no longer H&O is it).

I think Dom has upped his motivation and dedication and I hope to see some great results from him this season and besides all that he's a pretty nice guy!

I didn't get to practice with him though as he was playing Ronnie in the Worlds and he preferred to practice late at night on his own in the Academy (he heard me walking on carpet in the hallway through a thick door so maybe he has very sensitive hearing and likes quiet surroundings when he practices or something)

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Antique H&O - as in Hunt and O'Byrne?

Comment

Yes, most people have used H&O but now Will Hunt has left it's just O'Byrne so I guess it's just 'O' now

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I had a blue plate with just Osbournes name on the plate.This was before Will re-joined the company.Perhaps he will go back to this style of plate now that Will has retired ?

Comment

I read in a post over a year ago that he was playing with a JP Mannock replica, so maybe that's what this is.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                      I had a blue plate with just Osbournes name on the plate.This was before Will re-joined the company.Perhaps he will go back to this style of plate now that Will has retired ?
                      Yes , just going to be Robert Osborne from now on .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Yes, most people have used H&O but now Will Hunt has left it's just O'Byrne so I guess it's just 'O' now

Terry
                        The recent broken up partner was Robert Osborne. Hunt&O'Byrne had been wound up in early 90's, some even said O'Byrne had died already(correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Working...
                        X