my Aurora corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Aurora corner

Hi all, just received my cue from Airin@aurora 2 days ago so i though i would share my happiness and review to you all since there are not much review on TSF.

IME, Airin has been really easy to deal with and always response email/enquires very politely even if it wasn't at his fault, he still apologies.

long story short, i have been checking out his FB cue pictures for long time and always amazed by his workmanship so i bite the bullet to order one. cue turned out slightly a bit heavier then i would expect but interestingly the BP is slightly forward so it compensates the weight and all good. the shaft is amazingly smooth and it keeps slip away from my hands..lol hitting feel is pretty stiff and strong but responsive, so all in all i'm happy with the purchase and would recommend his cue to my friends. Airin also gave us quite a few freebie which adds a lot bonus to our order too. Thank you Airin and keep up the good work mate.

Here are some pictures:

Cheers,
    Adrian

look like a cracker buddy
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

That's really nice.....Very classy looking cue!!

Is that one of Airin's new cue towels I can see there??
      Last edited by coomsey76; 22 July 2011, 03:46 PM.
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Very nice cue there m8!
        Everything looks just prefect

Comment

Cracking cue, Airin is making quite a name for himself.
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

You just can't beat a plain ebony cue, looks lovely

Comment

Lovely cue, hope it plays well for you mate :snooker:
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                That's really nice.....Very classy looking cue!!

Is that one of Airin's new cue towels I can see there??
                I'm also curious wether that's one of Airin's new cue towels? I didn't know he was selling them.
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

any chance of specs? and she looks a real beauty mate can't wait for mine

Comment

Cheers all! can't speak for Airin myself but that is the cue towel he sent over. I didn't know it will come with the cue until i opened the case..................

Cue spec is 54", 9.8mm, 18.5oz, 15.5"BP and 3/4 invisible airlock join.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      I agree... there's just something sexy and elegant about a cue with a plain ebony butt.

The cue looks great, very classy.
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Awesome cue! Hope Airin sends out some more cue towels down the road.

Comment

Thank you for the nice feedback, it has been a real pleasure. Thank you.
                          Regarding the cue towel, it will be released soon.
                          Thank you very much.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            You can, but not by much.....

I think there is becoming an "oversplicing" trend now, where people are having ever more elaborate splicings put onto the cue. I think a 4 veneers/lower splicing is the best look. More than this I feel looks gaudy. A lot of PQJ's cues look elegant and classy. I'm sure having seen pics of his work he would be more than capable of doing 12/16 splicings, but think his best are either the plain ebony, single splice, or 4 lower splices. Some absolute beauties.
                            Last edited by deant1982; 27 July 2011, 09:29 AM. Reason: not enough coffee = typos!
                            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                              You can, but not by much.....

I think there is becoming an "oversplicing" trend now, where people are having ever more elaborate splicings put onto the cue. I think a 4 veneers/lower splicing is the best look. More than this I feel looks gaudy. A lot of PQJ's cues look elegant and classy. I'm sure having seen pics of his work he would be more than capable of doing 12/16 splicings, but think his best are either the plain ebony, single splice, or 4 lower splices. Some absolute beauties.
                              I like the look of a beautiful piece of ash, it is almost an obsession of mine.:-)
                              I would choose a plain looking cue with a beautiful piece of ash over a fancy cue with a shaft that does not look as nice.:-)
                              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 28 July 2011, 03:52 AM.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X