will it efect my cue if my case is standing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will it efect my cue if my case is standing up

hey i was just wondering if some 1 can help me i have a 1pc jp cue and i was just wondering if i leave it in my case standing up will it efect my cue as i no not to leave it near a cold draft or a heater but never new about this question thanks hope u can help

I have the same question too. Just started to play and bought my first cue. In the cue care section of Parris Cue's website, he also advised not to store the cue standing up, but it did not say whether it applies if it is placed in a hard cue case.

Comment

I don't think it will affect the cue if you store it in a good quality hard case just make sure the tip side is upwards whlie keeping it against the wall.
      My deep screw shot
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

The point of the warning is not to have the cue on it own un supported, standing against a wall, because that means the point of contact on the wall will probably be the tip (if as mentioned before the tip is upwards ) and this can cause a bend to be created, in fact this is a simple way to reduce a gentle bend in cue. But in a case the cue is supported along its whole length so in my mind it should not be a problem.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

ok thakns i have it in a leather 1c case so just wanted to make sure as there is not alot of room to put it down lol

Comment

Alan McManus told me he rotates the cue 45 degrees every time he puts his cue in its case.
            This will even out any pressure the case puts on the cue.

Roy Bacon

Comment

that's properly anal. lol
              Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Working...
              X