Wanted: Hunt & O'Byrne female brass joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Hunt & O'Byrne female brass joint

A friend of mine has a 20 year old 3/4 Hunt & O'Byrne cue. Looking for a female brass joint so that a 23.5" wooden extension can be made to fit onto the shaft( which has a male joint with four threads and is about 1/2" diameter by 1/2" long - not a quick release).

We're in Canada, so shipping the shaft over there to match up a joint is out of the question. I'm hoping that all H & O cues made 20 years ago would have a standard male and female joint so as to simplify this search.

Any info would be appreciated.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
    A friend of mine has a 20 year old 3/4 Hunt & O'Byrne cue. Looking for a female brass joint so that a 23.5" wooden extension can be made to fit onto the shaft( which has a male joint with four threads and is about 1/2" diameter by 1/2" long - not a quick release).

We're in Canada, so shipping the shaft over there to match up a joint is out of the question. I'm hoping that all H & O cues made 20 years ago would have a standard male and female joint so as to simplify this search.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Will Hunt is still around so perhaps send him a message?
    I think it may be easier if you just get a SD joint put into the butt end. This would allow you to use mini and telescopic with your cue and is much more convenient than using a long one that is attachend to the shaft.
    You can get an original extension socket put in and then buy a mini and tele that fits.
    Could anyone please confirm that Will Hunt uses the same extension socket as Robin Cook and Dave Coutts, is that correct?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      Will Hunt is still around so perhaps send him a message?
      I think it may be easier if you just get a SD joint put into the butt end. This would allow you to use mini and telescopic with your cue and is much more convenient than using a long one that is attachend to the shaft.
      You can get an original extension socket put in and then buy a mini and tele that fits.
      Could anyone please confirm that Will Hunt uses the same extension socket as Robin Cook and Dave Coutts, is that correct?
      He wants to keep the cue as original, not wanting to alter it in any way.
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

I totally understand and respect your friend's wishes.
        Getting Will Hunt to install a joint at the butt end, with a set of mini and extension made by him, in my opinion, is not really going to make the cue "unoriginal."
        Some old H&O came with extension sockets featuring the spiroloc joint.
        You do not need to send in the shaft, just the butt., for this job to be done.
        But it is just my opinion.
        You can ask Will Hunt, or Robert Osborne, to sell you the joint socket if you want to get someone in Canada to make a long extension for the cue instead.
        Mike Wooldridge is selling some H&O joint, may be you can buy a set from him? You can also get support off him on here and via email if you have any problem. I am sure they are of the highest quality.
        Good luck.
        Edit: If you opt for getting a long extension made to join to the shaft, but you are worried it may not fit perfectly without the shaft, perhaps if you get the long extension to be made a bit oversized by Will Hunt, you can try to match it perfectly with the shaft yourself. This way, you do not need to send anything to the UK. You can turn it down and face it then stain it black again. This way, the long extension is also original to a large extent.
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 31 July 2011, 10:17 PM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i got some:

http://www.handmadecues.com/zen-acce...roducts_id=232

the females fit original h&o join
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
          X