Orme & Sons Match Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orme & Sons Match Cue

I've had this cue about 6 months now and was thinking about selling the cue as really want a 3/4 length cue again.

Been on eBay recently and seen someone has listed the same cue as mine on there forĀ£475. Is this cue really worth that price as mine is in quite considerable better condition that the one for sale is.

Cue Specs:
    56''
    16 Oz
    10.3mm Supertip
    Quality Dark Ash Shaft (No Marks/Scratches/Dents)

I Will Post A Few Pictures Later When I Get My Cue Out.

Any Offers Considered If Good Enough If Interested In Buying.

Thanks

PM ADR147 . He will be able to tell you .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Very nice cues but not worth what the guy on Ebay wants.

Craftsman had a really nice one in their shop recently they wanted Ā£140 for it which is a fair price IMO
      Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Thanks Neil i will give him a PM. Burwat i bought that cue from craftmans so the cue you are describing is the cue i have.

Comment

i sold one to a HK collector i think for Ā£170 a couple of months ago.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for the interest everyone i have decided not to sell the cue and keep it as it is such a good example i will post pics of the cue up when i have time as i have decided to get the cue made to a 3/4 and have some splices put in so i will put pics on after the work has been carried out.

Comment

You do realise that by doing that work it makes it worthless to a collector ?
              (Just becomes a playing cue)

Comment

Yeah course i do i use it as my playing cue now so the work wouldnt matter as i play alot of Uk 8 ball and the cue suits the game.

Comment

The trouble with your new approach i.e. having it re-spliced and chopped is that after the work is done it will no longer be the cue you currently like and get along with. You may well not like it the same or at all after the work is done, and by doing the work the cue loses most of its value so it's a big risk to take with a cue you like alot and currently get along with.

Comment

Yes gerry true i have been thinking about it and i am not going to get it respliced but just have it tapered down to a smaller tip size rather than the 10.3mm it is currently at can anyone recommend what size they would think it would be suitable to have as i play Uk8 Ball and also snooker so i could use the cue for both games.

Comment

It may well play like a tuning fork when you do... I'm sure I've hit some balls with that cue at craftsmans, wasn't it quite whippy anyway?
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I would say around 8.5-9.0 mm would be ok for both IMO :snooker:
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                          I would say around 8.5-9.0 mm would be ok for both IMO :snooker:
                          If you can play snooker with an 8.5mm tip, I salute you.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah it is a little whippy can you do anything to stop this or not and i think 8.5 is a little small.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't play snooker with an 8.5 mm tip but then again I wouldn't use a 9.5 mm tip for 8ball so I would head towards the 9mm, mark like I put.I was unsure which you played more of that's why I put around that range. I personally have a cue for each, and I wouldn't use my pool cue which has and 8mm tip for snooker ever. Maybe putting 8.5 mm was a bit extreme lol :snooker:
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X