Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you tell the difference? ..... Dont think so !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    are you sure about that mate - i would be able to spot the cue makers for sure and most tips also.
    I'd stand that bet for ADR. Extensive dealing in cues and tips, He wouldn't think twice. My money would be he'd go 4/4 cues and 6/6 tips, easy.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
      I'd stand that bet for ADR. Extensive dealing in cues and tips, He wouldn't think twice. My money would be he'd go 4/4 cues and 6/6 tips, easy.
      well i guess he could be using some un known brand from the 1940's etc but off all the current major players i would know they yes. also does he actually have half a million pounds?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

yes it would depend on whether it was imported tips or very similar tips like elk and blue diamond. but I would be able to tell the difference before they where shaped. I would also be able to tell what tips I could play better with. I assume that is the point.
        as for cue, like the rest of the guys, no problem. the clothes even easier. the difference between no10 to 6811 for example is very easy to spot.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          well i guess he could be using some un known brand from the 1940's etc but off all the current major players i would know they yes. also does he actually have half a million pounds?
          What if we all take his bet ...he might be in for several millions. LOL
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            What if we all take his bet ...he might be in for several millions. LOL
            well i tested myself today on 10 cues it took about 20 seconds to identify each tip correctly without striking a ball and half that time was spent on the mw against a good elk.

Comment

I would just look at the colour of the tip between a MW and an Elk, and if I can hit some balls with them then the MW usually hits a bit firmer and sounds "louder" but that is all I know to go by. May I ask is there anything else you look for?
              I may have problem telling the difference between a blue diamond and an Elk after it has been chalked and used.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                I would just look at the colour of the tip between a MW and an Elk, and if I can hit some balls with them then the MW usually hits a bit firmer and sounds "louder" but that is all I know to go by. May I ask is there anything else you look for?
                I may have problem telling the difference between a blue diamond and an Elk after it has been chalked and used.
                i didn't have them next to each other, or a table.

Comment

Working...
                X