Old John Parris vs the new one!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't you get a refund on the vat?

It looks like it's either declare it or do as ADR says and use old case etc. May save a few quid if you declare it and can poss get the vat back though?

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Can't you get a refund on the vat?

It looks like it's either declare it or do as ADR says and use old case etc. May save a few quid if you declare it and can poss get the vat back though?
      someone else said to claim the vat back i just dont know how u would do it?

Comment

This might explain a bit for you fella...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/c...visitors.htm#2

Comment

Originally Posted by jay_j View Post
          someone else said to claim the vat back i just dont know how u would do it?
          well you only have to pay vat in one country!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
            This might explain a bit for you fella...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/c...visitors.htm#2
            wow sounds like a lot of work for 150 pounds might not be worth the hassle

Comment

£150 is still £150 !
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                £150 is still £150 !
                yeah i know ill talk to parris about it once this riot stuff calm's down and his shop is sorted back out that could be 150 towards that Andy bream your going. to sell me Adr when it shows up

Comment

If you pick the cue up in the Uk and bring it back to Australia, I think you must have a tax exemption limit depending on how many days you are away from the country and so on. You may want to look into that.
                  Canada charges tax/duty on a lot of things but I know if you are away from the country for 7 days you are allowed to bring back about $750 AUS worth of goods without paying tax (with alcohol and tobacco and some other items you may need to pay duty). Australia probably has something similiar regarding duty/tax. You should check with a travel agency before you leave so you know what to declare, how much, and so on.
                  Regarding importing into the UK, I know some couriers charge a higher brokerage fee than others. Basically they charge you a service fee to get your goods through custom for you. So, you may want to check which one charges what fee and ask your cue maker if he could use the one you prefer. Sometimes, you can choose to do the custom clearance yourself to save all the fees.
                  UPS usually charges a lot more brokerage fee than FedEx but if the item is declared under a certain amount then it is free. Again, you should check into that. You could be saving 30-50 GBP. Just phone up UPS/FedEx/DHL and ask them how much their brokerage fee is and what is the procedure if you want to do your own custom clearance.
                  I dont believe John will charge you VAT if your order is to be sent to Australia, but if you are buying your cue in the Uk you need to pay. There should be a way to claim it back though. I am not sure but I think it would depend on how many days you are staying in the UK and things like that may be...not sure. You should check with their custom in the UK. But I think your travel agency should know.
                  Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 August 2011, 06:51 AM.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

yeah i have to pay tax on anything over $900 aud so i can try say it was less then that if that don't need to supply a receipt or ill have to pay the gst

Comment

Working...
                    X