Cue Purchase Hell!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by milla020 View Post
    He has just given me £113 of the £125 that i paid...Obviously i would like to get my full refund but im sure it will be too much hassle to do so. All sorted...Now to find a new cue haha
    lol fussy bu66er like you not sure i can help!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Got the cue back yesterday, same condition as when sent, anyone want it, £100 + postage, Whoever buys it post on this thread please.
      2 members have slated me on here, the cues sandman bought from me are on their way back to me from canada (Terry Davidson) when i recieve them i will post photos on this thread.

2 ebony + 2 Purpleheart splices(odd brown patch on ebony, no dye) with maple veneer followed by single ebony splice.
      57 1/2'' long
      9.6mm tip
      29mm butt
      17.25 oz
      Balances at 16''
      18'' to tip of splices
      Bang straight
      Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
      Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
      https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
      S36 1LB

Comment

Originally Posted by trav View Post
        Got the cue back yesterday, same condition as when sent, anyone want it, £100 + postage, Whoever buys it post on this thread please.
        2 members have slated me on here, the cues sandman bought from me are on their way back to me from canada (Terry Davidson) when i recieve them i will post photos on this thread.

2 ebony + 2 Purpleheart splices(odd brown patch on ebony, no dye) with maple veneer followed by single ebony splice.
        57 1/2'' long
        9.6mm tip
        29mm butt
        17.25 oz
        Balances at 16''
        18'' to tip of splices
        Bang straight
        Well it didnt arrive to me like that...I would have noticed it?!? the massive brown patch is kind of hard to miss eh?

Also, if it was sent like that then why wasnt there a warning of the huge brown patch of ebony on the cue for sale thread?
        Last edited by milla020; 18 August 2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by milla020 View Post
          Well it didnt arrive to me like that...I would have noticed it?!? the massive brown patch is kind of hard to miss eh?

Also, if it was sent like that then why wasnt there a warning of the huge brown patch of ebony on the cue for sale thread?
          Firstly its sanman Andy

I did slate Andy Travis here because he did refused to acknowledge the problems/issues I had with his cues. Now of late Andy has been doing some brisk sales and seems to have some rave reviews and I did not slate his work then as members who are happy with his work are entitled to their opinions. When a member did have some issues with a cue of his (Andy’s) I added my voice. I am not saying that he can’t make good cues. Some members love his cues it’s just that the cues he sent to me were the worst I ever had. In my opinion that is, although Terry thought they were solid. The issues I had with his cues were legit. The two cues he sent to me cost 200 pounds delivered. That was cheap and I wasn’t expecting too much but when I received them I noticed that the cue splices were lifting and there was untidy glue marks on the cues which I sanded off. I emailed him with no reply. I was completely dissatisfied with his level of service and I gave the cues away here for free here on TSF although to be fair Terry gave me 80 quid for them both. The cues were warped as well and Terry sorted that out as well as refurbishing them (brand new they were when I sent them to Terry as I did not play a single shot with them). So since Andy has said he wants to post pics of the cues he may have first go and I will post pics that I have of them as when I received them. Sorry Andy but I call things the way I see them. And in your case my dealings with you were not necessarily hell but it was the worst I ever had.

I have bought cues from many members here on this forum and still have about ten cues in total but at no time did I slate any of the cues. All those who have dealt with me know that I have never been honest in all dealings. Andy may complain all he wants but at no stage did he even ask me to send the cues back to him or ask me to send photos to him of the cues so that he could verify my complaints. So as I see it he has very little right to complain about being slated.

Comment

to be fair its not all about the looks of the cue, its how it plays... if it plays decent then so what? would much rather have a cue with visual imperfections than the most beautiful looking cue ever made that you just cant use.

Comment

Well all I can say is that my own cue from Andy is top class, no issues at all and it plays like a dream, every time I've asked a question of him I've had good prompt answers.
              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

My cue plays lovely as well to be honest and is a lovely piece of craftsmanship. He answered all my questions promptly and I have had good answers. Could't agree with DWOT more about the top class cue. :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I've bought one of Andy's cues and I must admit it was excellent, amazing turnaround time and the price was equally amazing too.

While I'm on, I've still got that quality, red fibre glass cue case available for sale as well, if anyone's interested (here's hoping), I doubt I'll be getting many offers though, hehe.....

P.S. It's on ebay as well, item no: 130559157394
                  Last edited by itx; 18 August 2011, 06:53 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                    to be fair its not all about the looks of the cue, its how it plays... if it plays decent then so what? would much rather have a cue with visual imperfections than the most beautiful looking cue ever made that you just cant use.
                    Well to be honest I would never buy a cue from this guy. I've dealt with Sanman before, he is straight down the line and reasonable. I've encountered amazing slackness before and this just looks like another example.
                    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

I personally have not dealt with andy but i know here of many players in our sheffield league that have and they rate adny very highly, from my pass experience of cues and in the last 20 years i have had many and made many breaks with every cue i have ever owned not just in friendly but in matches as well i can honestly say that it`s how a cue feels and not looks that`s worth everything at the end of the day a £800 cue wont make you play better, you either have talent or not the cue does not make the player the better.

I myself uses a master cue pro butt and have a talisman soft tip on it and love it to bits cue cost me £100 of one of the lads in my team he could not get on with it, i have used it for 2 months now and think it`s superb and it has the odd mark on the ebony where it`s brownish but that give the cue a nice look.

So for me and other players here in sheffield andy is a top bloke to relie on.

Comment

I can live with bad looks. Not with defective workmanship. Please let's keep those two issues seperate.

Comment

Originally Posted by chris433 View Post
                          but in matches as well i can honestly say that it`s how a cue feels and not looks that`s worth everything at the end of the day a £800 cue wont make you play better, you either have talent or not the cue does not make the player the better.
                          It amazes me how often people like to point this out...
                          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

here in thailand, for 125 pounds, you should get a 12-splice, handmade, custom cue, with quality ash. butt with black ebony & rosewood, from my "C" brand workshop.
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                              here in thailand, for 125 pounds, you should get a 12-splice, handmade, custom cue, with quality ash. butt with black ebony & rosewood, from my "C" brand workshop.
                              I can honestly say anything from Unclevits workshop is a country mile ahead of anything available at 125 pounds. I have bought 5 UT cues(every one a superb player) from him as well as two more on order from his C brand workshop. I have had one minor complaint which was handled without fuss. I even had a repair done by him at no cost even though it was my fault so all in all top marks in all departments. I still have the first 3 cues I bought of him and i wouldnt part with them for anything.

Comment

tks sanman. your 'shafts' searching job is tough for my men, but they'll hang themselves if your dream shafts not found. they have enough time to find the right ones for you. i just whacked one staff who sneezed on a customer's cue, though from a distance
                                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                                X